Research and Policy Assistant Project Director
Assistant Project Director
Statewide Family Engagement Center Keystone Policy Center
Job Title: Assistant Project Director
Reports To: Center for Education Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Combination of in person and remote work, with geographic proximity to one of our offices in Denver or Keystone, CO
Keystone Policy Center is seeking an Assistant Project Director to work in close partnership with the Sr. Director to administer the Colorado Statewide Family Engagement Center (CO-SFEC), a new 5-year, grant-funded program designed to strengthen and spread high-impact, evidence-based Family-School-Community Partnership (FSCP) structures and practices across our state. This is a 5-year grant funded position with the potential to transition to full-time status at the conclusion of the grant.
The Assistant Project Director will foster impactful relationships with the grant partners to ensure high quality programming with efficient operations systems including but not limited to the following core responsibilities:
- Partnership Management: work closely with our grant partners to ensure partners are engaged, successful, and able to deliver on all objectives of the federal grant.
- Project Operations: collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders to ensure all deliverables of federal grant are on time, high quality, and impactful.
- Data Management: develop systems to track project data and respond to various data requests to support presentations, reporting, and progress monitoring.
The ideal candidate will bring excellent communication, organizational, and partnership management experience with a passion for data. They have a background in grants administration, ideally federal grant programs. They are driven by the pursuit of more equitable educational opportunity. They work collaboratively with others to co-create solutions and strategies to move towards goals. They will be committed to getting results in a dynamic environment without sacrificing input or quality and have the resilience to navigate setbacks with an eye toward solutions.
ABOUT KEYSTONE POLICY CENTER
Keystone Policy Center is a non-profit, non-advocacy organization that brings together crucial teams of stakeholders who have diverse individual perspectives but recognize a common need to address urgent issues with lasting solutions. For more than 45 years, Keystone has helped leaders move beyond fixed positions toward collaborative, action-oriented approaches to problem solving. Keystone has built a portfolio of substantive work in designing effective forums for stakeholders to address complex and often contentious issues throughout the United States and internationally in the areas of health, natural resources, agriculture, education, human rights, and Tribal and Indigenous engagement.
Keystone’s Center for Education challenges entrenched assumptions in the education system through robust research, collaboration with experienced practitioners, and by connecting families and students with education decision-makers. Keystone is a catalyst for effective and genuine engagement, providing all education stakeholders the opportunity to participate in the decisions and actions of the education system.
- Build and maintain relationships with project partners, districts, and stakeholders.
- Facilitate effective meetings and represent the SFEC in committees and work groups advocating for FSCP essential practices, as needed.
- Collaboratively design scope of key projects to create detailed work plans and flows with partners.
- Lead project monitoring by tracking project deliverables to ensure partners and projects are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality through regular check-ins.
- Develop systems and structures drive streamlined data collection for evaluation and reporting.
- Provide status reports to the Director and others, escalating challenges for proactive support.
- Develop virtual collaboration and resource libraries for partners to access forms, project records, data tracking.
- Respond to data requests from the core team to inform the Director, grant reports, presentations, and impact.
- Establish a communication schedule to monitor progress of the project and ensure milestones are met.
- Proven project management skills with multi-stakeholders
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and collaboration skills.
- Experience in district and schools, ideally in the Family Engagement field
- Strategic relationship management
- Prior grant administration experience, federal programs preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for the Senior Project Director position is $78,000 to $85,000. Salary depends on relevant experience. Keystone Policy Center offers a full suite of benefits including generous sick and vacation leave, as well as health and dental benefits, and a 401k matching program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ADA SPECIFICATIONS
This is a largely sedentary position with minimal physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The Keystone Policy Center and Engage are equal opportunity employers. The Keystone Policy Center and Engage prohibit discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sickle cell trait, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Keystone Policy Center is committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement throughout our Keystone Policy Center. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the groups we serve.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Americans with Disabilities Act
Amendments Act (ADAAA)
The Keystone Policy Center and Engage are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities, which includes providing reasonable accommodations where appropriate.