Instructional Support Associate Director, Curriculum
TITLE: Associate Director, Curriculum
DEPARTMENT: Programs, Education
LOCATION: Chicago (CSC)
REPORTS TO: Director of Curriculum
The Associate Director of Curriculum works closely with the National Director of Curriculum to design an e-learning Civics curriculum project for secondary-level students, ensuring that curricula and supporting tools, modules and other training resources are based on anti-bias pedagogy, sound instructional design and current learning standards, and utilize technologies responsive to the different learning styles of students. The Associate Director will collaborate with e-learning and resources platform development staff and/or consultants to ensure curriculum and subsequent training is fully operational on the online platform. Under the direction of the Director of Curriculum, the Associate Director will initiate connections with potential partners, collaborate on the training components and provide oversight in evaluation of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review existing ADL classroom online and print curricula to gain an understanding of the philosophy, principles and overall approach of anti-bias curriculum development.
• Become familiar with the proposed content of the Civics curriculum, and conduct research to gain familiarity with current and innovative strategies and approaches in civics education.
• Develop a project outline, work plan and timeline for developing the Civics curriculum.
• With the guidance and oversight of the Director of Curriculum, design and write modules for high school Civics lessons that are pertinent, intersecting civics and anti-bias content when appropriate.
• Provide recommendations for ways that the Civics curriculum can be presented in an online course.
• Recruit and conduct educator focus group(s) throughout the Midwest on classroom and online needs and to pilot and gain feedback on online Civics lesson content.
• Ensure curriculum assessment practices are varied and reflect current and sound educational pedagogy.
• Initiate and develop new web content including blogs, webinars, teacher strategies, parent/family resources and other resources in order to market and share information about the curriculum.
• Collaborate with the Director of Education Marketing in implementing marketing strategies including email campaigns, teacher surveys, social media contributions, partnership leveraging opportunities, etc.
• Collaborate with the Director of Training to develop the pilot teacher training, Train-the Trainer sessions and webinars.
• Oversee the evaluation design and implementation.
• Represent ADL at national education conferences, webinars and meetings, as assigned.
• Expertise in curriculum design and development
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including organization of work plans, timelines and reports
• Experience in education marketing and promoting programs
• Excellent research, writing and editorial skills
• Knowledge, understanding and experience in social studies curriculum
• Knowledge and understanding of anti-bias education
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Classroom teaching experience preferred
2. Work Experience
• Minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in the field of curriculum development, diversity training, project development/management, primary/secondary education, and/or school administration
• BA in Curriculum Development, education or a related field, MA degree preferred.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume and cover letter by following the link below https://jobs.jobvite.com/adl/job/oudF6fwc
405 total views, 1 today