School Network Staff Associate Director of Talent
Intrepid College Prep is a growing network of public “no-excuses” college preparatory charter schools founded to address two interrelated achievement gaps – the academic achievement gap and intergenerational wealth gaps in the communities we serve.
Intrepid College Prep operates two campuses – Opportunity Academy Middle School (5-8) and Independence Academy (serving grade 9 in 2017-2018). The launch of our high school model draws upon the successes of our flagship middle school, Opportunity Academy. Intrepid College Prep was recently named a 2015 Tennessee
Reward School for Progress and we have received local recognition from Metro Nashville Public Schools as an Excelling School in every year we’ve had the honor and responsibility to educate students.
We make three commitments to every student – admission to selective colleges, preparedness to engage the world as a financially literate young professional, and the cultivation of positive leadership skills.
The work is demanding – it is a tremendous investment of time, energy and smarts but the return on investment is extraordinarily high.
Lead Talent Acquisition and Support Talent Strategy
At Intrepid College Prep Schools we believe that Blue Chip teachers and leaders are the key variable to closing the achievement gap. Having the right people on our team working with students and families is the most important factor in our ability to deliver on our mission every day. Intrepid College Prep is looking for an Associate Director of Talent to lead the organization’s staff recruitment efforts and support the development and execution of our organization’s talent strategy.
The Associate Director will serve as a member of the Intrepid College Prep Network Office leadership team.
The Associate Director of Talent is a key team player and leads all aspects of staff recruitment. The Associate Director of Talent ensures that our talent strategy, staff recruitment and onboarding systems align to our mission and vision to guarantee
a secure pathway for Southeast Nashville students to selective colleges and college degree attainment for every student.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Talent Strategy
- Develop, communicate and implement Intrepid College Prep Schools’ talent strategy, including recruitment, onboarding, development, and retention
- Exceed ambitious targets for quantity and quality of candidates with an emphasis on increasing Intrepid College Prep’s diverse talent pool
o Attend career fairs and other external events to build knowledge and interest in careers at Intrepid College Prep
o Plan internal events (panels, happy hours, information sessions) related to talent sourcing and recruitment
o Utilize referral strategies to connect top prospects with opportunities across our network
- Ensure that every aspect of hiring processes, including on-campus interviews and onboarding, leads to a consistently high-quality candidate and new hire experience that reflects our organization’s core values and the skills and competencies needed to be successful in each role
- Manage all aspects of candidate sourcing and initial screening process, including public job postings, resume video, phone and video interviews, reference checks
o Post Intrepid College Prep job descriptions in high-visibility and high-impact places including social media outlets, free and paid job boards, university and non-profit job boards
o Design, coordinate and facilitate interviews for positions across our campuses and network office
Development and Retention
- Coach and counsel leadership around talent acquisition and retention strategies in order to increase their proficiency and engagement in sourcing, attracting an selecting top talent
- Support development and execution of competency based models for teacher and leader performance management
- Use data to evaluate and improve Intrepid College Prep’s approach to sourcing, evaluating and onboarding new hires and retaining top talent
- Lead, energize, and drive national recruitment strategies, involving hiring partners, college and universities, nonprofit organizations, and local and national teacher preparation programs
- Create, in partnership with Associate Director of External Affairs a comprehensive marketing strategy to attract top talent to the organization
- Collaborate with key human capital professionals and establish relationships with senior leaders to fully understand
Skills and Characteristics
- 3-4 years of demonstrated success in recruitment and talent strategy highly preferred
- Passionate belief in Intrepid College Prep’s mission, vision, and educational model is required
- Prior experience managing growth and change where human capital plays a lead and strategic role
- Previous experience teaching or leading in low-income schools or strong, demonstrated interest in K-12 public education highly preferred
- High attention to the smallest details and proven ability to juggle competing responsibilities successfully while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Servant leadership mindset and customer service orientation to talent recruitment.
- Extreme attention to first impressions, personal and professional consistency
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-performing, but sometimes unpredictable environment
- Superior initiative – takes direction well, but does not wait for it
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 (major in human resources, organizational leadership preferred
This position is available today.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies. Compensation is highly competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in the MNPS Retirement System.
Commitment to Diversity
Intrepid College Prep is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How to ApplyPlease apply for ONE position only. We do not accept candidate applications to multiple positions. When completing your application, please pay careful attention to spelling and grammar throughout the entire application process. Careless errors may disqualify you for a position in our Network. Please check that you've read and understood these instructions. Submit an initial application and résumé at the following link: https://bes.hirevue.com/openvue/kcGsLAe9z7/.
215 total views, 1 today