Teacher Associate Teacher – Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade
About Elm CCS
We are an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning environment focused on cultivating civically engaged student leaders. Essential to our school’s philosophy is a relevant hands-on curriculum, along with the commitment to nurture each student’s social and emotional intelligence. Elm seeks to achieve authentic, ongoing integration of diverse student perspectives, assets, and ideas to enhance an equitable learning environment that serve students with all types of needs. We are looking for a team of individuals committed to fostering an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and equitable for both students and staff. Join us!
Elm CCS is looking for creative, passionate, and ambitious teachers who are aligned to the inquiry-based model, value collaboration with colleagues, is results-driven, reflective and open to feedback. Whether you are new or transitioning to the education field, our associate teacher position is for new teachers who are passionate about providing excellent education and determined to develop their teaching craft to best meet all students’ needs.
- Provides excellent instruction to all students, applying instructional methods learned during professional development;
- Plans and implements targeted 2-3 small group instruction lessons based on student data and in collaboration with the lead teacher;
- Works with the Lead Teacher to support and implement classroom systems, routines, and procedures;
- Cultivates a positive classroom environment through proactive methods, a clear management system, and strong student rapport;
- Proactively reaches out to understand and learn curriculum, instructional methods, and behavior management techniques; Works with the lead teacher and leadership in areas of growth;
- Collaborates with the lead teacher weekly, regarding daily instructional and administrative tasks;
- Supports and assists lead teachers in grading, planning, materials preparation, and administrative work;
- Proactively builds relationships and collaborates with other staff members to meet team goals, share best practices, and solve grade team concerns;
- Engages and contributes in professional development; proactively applies professional development material into classroom and teaching;
- Communicates regularly with families regarding the performance and behavior of students;
- Coordinates and facilitates lunch and recess activities.
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum, preferably concentration in elementary or early childhood education; plans on pursuing a master’s degree in education;
- Experience in mentoring, tutoring, or education;
- Demonstrated ability in collaboratively working with team members;
- Demonstrated ability in receiving and implementing feedback effectively;
- Demonstrates grit and perseverance; and
- Alignment to Elm’s mission, core beliefs, and educational philosophy
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Are an inspiring team player who continually pushes themselves and others to higher levels of achievement;
- Deeply embed themselves into the community of the school, ensuring strong relationships, high engagement, and great operational results;
- Are a champion of Elm’s belief that all members of the school community must be active learners and resourceful problem-solvers in order to ensure a high quality education for all our learners;
- Are reflective, self-aware, and actively analyzes student work and data to provide a high quality education that is accessible to all students
- Have a growth mindset.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website (http://elmcharterschool.org/work-at-elm/) by clicking the "Apply Now" link!
586 total views, 3 today