Teacher Bilingual Lead and Associate Teachers, K-2 (School Year 2020-21)
Bilingual Lead and Associate Teachers, K-2 (School Year 2020-21)
About LEEP Academy
LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School opened its doors in August 2019 as the first charter school in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We use the research-based 90:10 model of Spanish language immersion that helps all students achieve in all subjects while also becoming bilingual and bi-literate. In the 2020-21 school year, we will grow to serve students in grades K-2, using instructional techniques from high-performing charter schools and the best dual language programs in the nation.
Our school community is linguistically, racially, and socioeconomically diverse, and we are committed to being a good neighbor in Sunset Park for decades to come. We are located at 54th Street and 5th Avenue, in a private building with a long-term lease.
Teachers: Does this sound like you?
We’re looking for bilingual teachers who can help every student reach academic excellence in Spanish and English. Does this describe you?
- You have high-level fluency in Spanish and are fluent in English.
You have elementary school teaching experience. You know how to plan a lesson, connect with students, make the most of every minute, check for understanding, and turn data into improved teaching and learning.
- You like the idea of teaching in Spanish most of the school day, even if you’ve never done it before. If you have mostly taught Spanish in the past, you feel prepared to teach every subject.
- You’ve worked at a high-performing school where teachers work as a team and receive frequent feedback to improve their practice. Or maybe you’ve tasted that style of teaching in a graduate program and want to obtain a job where you can keep improving.
- You work really hard. You stay organized. You hate to be unprepared.
- You want to join a school community that is safe and orderly while treating every student and family with dignity. You think all children deserve a strong foundation in math and literacy, without overlooking science, the arts, and social-emotional development.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree and are certified or on the way to certification.
At LEEP Academy, teachers teach from 7:50 to 4pm daily, with a lunch break and early release for professional development on Wednesdays. We plan lessons in detail, but not from scratch; we work together from a common set of high-quality curricula in English and Spanish. We collect and analyze formative and summative data. We differentiate instruction and work with families and service providers to meet each child’s needs. We communicate and collaborate. We model our school’s Core Virtues: Cariño, Respeto, Valentía, Gratitud, y Alegría.
Lead teachers co-teach with a full-time associate teacher in kindergarten and share an associate teacher in older grades. General education and special education lead teachers to co-teach in one ICT classroom per grade.
LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national background, religion/belief, marital status, caregiver status, veteran status, disability, age, political party, or salary history.