Operations / Administration Program Supervisor
Youth Services and Community Development
Brooklyn Youth Services Programs
Deputy Director of Brooklyn & Managing Director of Youth and Community
Brooklyn, NY (multiple locations)
School-Year: Monday-Friday, 11 am- 7 pm, some Saturdays
Summer: Monday-Friday, 10:30 am – 6:30 pm, at least three (3) days of the week, and 1 pm-9 pm two (2) days of the week; Saturdays (various); as a non-exempt employee, working hours will include non-standard hours.
$73,000 (Annually); commensurate with professional work-related experience, program work- scope, funding, and job performance
April 15, 2021
The Program Supervisor will oversee after-school programs, summer day camps, and Cornerstones in efforts to promote the development and success of youth through the services provided. In collaboration with the Deputy Director of Brooklyn (DD), the Managing Director of Youth and Community Development will serve to stabilize and strengthen existing programs and will drive initiatives to expand services at after-school and center-based sites.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must
- At least 10+ years of youth experience and five years of supervision and program management
- Experience supervising after school program(s) in a youth development framework
- High level of proficiency in administrative work
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Knowledge of the public education system, NYC public housing Community Centers, and positive youth development best practices
- Persuasive public speaking, writing and organizational skills
- Must be able to develop and monitor budgets
- Must have proven track record developing new procedures, protocols, and programming
- Must be able to attend outside community meetings and work extended hours as needed
- A team player with a demonstrated commitment to working with urban youth and young adults from an asset-based perspective
- The ideal candidate is personable, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Ability to set-up and maintain work environments that challenge gender stereotypes and is LGBTQIA+ friendly
- A background in partnering with the Department of Education and local community-based organizations to support programs
- Must have successfully supervised multiple sites
- Must be able to build and maintain positive work relationships with key stakeholders.
- Must be flexible, cooperative and willing to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in a variety of internet research and communication functions
- Experienced in DYCD programming regulations and DYCD Connect
- Candidate must complete the following: NYSDOH Fingerprinting Screening; New York State Clearance Review Background Check; three (3) Reference Check; Physical w/updated TB Test (Fees may apply). If offered the position must submit $25 fee for NY State Clearance Review
- Valid CPR/AED Pro or First Aid/RTE certification through recognized accrediting body preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervise program director(s) and supervisors: Develop supervisors and staff through feedback, training, and learning opportunities;
- Train supervisors and staff in the principles of youth development; the skills of solution-focused counseling and the advocacy strategies needed for school-based work.
- Conceive, develop, and implement new programming in collaboration with the DD.
- Administer contracts, monitor compliance, and meet contractual requirements for each program.
- Develop and monitor program budgets in conjunction with the Finance team.
- Review, analyze and respond to appropriate public Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality improvement mechanisms and procedures.
- Participate in youth, education, and workforce development efforts.
- Participate in agency workgroups and Senior Leadership Groups.
- Represent GSS at community development meetings and contract agency meetings.
- Utilize technology as a management tool.
- Utilize outcome data in program management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in relevant practice areas.
- Act as liaison to the broader community as appropriate, including membership on relevant committees, representation, and/or participation in community, city, state, and federal meetings and committees.
- Collaborate with GSS support departments to ensure program excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.