Teacher Charter School Instructors Wanted
EXCELLENCE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
WHO WE ARE: Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School. The Stamford Charter School for Excellence opened in 2015 and is the first charter elementary school in Stamford, CT.
OUR MISSION AND VISON: Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation.
WHO WE NEED: ECS is currently recruiting educators and administrators for our schools, as well as central network personnel to support our mission. We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves success. Applicants must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a critical component of success.
Instructional/Teaching Position Job Description:
– Coordinates and oversees daily education services and personnel to ensure students’ needs are being met according to award-winning ECS Academic standards and protocol.
– Assumes behavioral classroom responsibilities in homerooms, hallways and special groups.
– Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to the education of students with able special needs, including ADA, IDEA, and students’ IEPs. Supports the development of students’ IEPs and curriculum development
– Provides specialized instructional support and leadership in progress monitoring, student observations, and consultation with general education teachers.
– Demonstrates a relentless pursuit to promote excellence in student achievement and conduct
– Maintains and exemplifies culture of high expectations and accountability for scholarly and professional conduct
– Facilitates the development and administration of policies related to students with special needs
– Supports faculty in curriculum development, and promotion of effective classroom instruction and management
– Supports, prepares, and submits requisite reports in a timely manner
– NYS Education Certification, or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent field
– Masters Degree in Education or related field
– Previous experience in leadership role preferred
– Minimum 3 years of successful teaching experience
– Track record of accomplishment and achievement
– Experience with and commitment to improving the quality of urban education, specifically for scholars who have been traditionally underserved
– Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
How to ApplyApplicants may apply here: excellence-community-schools.workable.com
365 total views, 1 today