Teacher Charter School Teachers (K-12 All Subjects)
Apply to Dozens of NYC Charter Schools with One Application! Schools are Hiring NOW!
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools was created by TNTP, a national non-profit with 20 years of experience recruiting great teachers for urban schools. We help talented teaching candidates find a charter school that fits their skills and career goals–and we give them a leg up in the hiring process by helping them identify and communicate their skills and life experiences to schools who will value them.
We are currently seeking teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible now that schools are already hiring! Applications received by May 1 will receive priority consideration for the In-Person Selection event scheduled for May 21 and our program-wide Hiring Fair on June 13th.
Qualifications and Eligibility
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates who will be authorized and available to work in New York City. For us to review your application, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor’sdegree by July 1, 2019
- Reside in the greater NYC area by August 2019
- Currently authorized to work in the US
Candidates accepted into our program will:
- Apply to all current openings at all of our partner schools
- Earn a trusted recommendation from our program to fast track your application
- Participate in professional development you can apply directly to your teaching practice
- Receive personalized supports from TNTP program staff to help you prepare to interview and get HIRED!
- Salary is competitive and varies by school
Our Application Process
Successful candidates applying to the Teachers for NYC Charter Schools program should expect to participate in the following steps. For more information on our application process, please visit our website: www.teachersfornyccharters.org
- Application Submission
- Pre-Recorded Video Interview
- In-person Selection Event
- Referral for Final Interviews with Partner Schools
Who You Are
We are looking for teachers who:
- Believe that all students are capable of high academic achievement.
- Bring a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences to the classroom.
- Prioritize building deep, authentic relationships with students and families.
- Embrace growth.
We’re looking for educators in a variety of subject areas who share our commitment to give all NYC students a challenging and engaging education.This year, candidates with strong content knowledge in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) subjects are in high demand. If you have STEM experience, your application will be prioritized!
How to ApplyTo apply for a teaching position through Teachers for NYC Charters, you only need to submit one application: https://nyccharters.TeacherTrack2.org/r/86d3ba51-3ee9-4656-a749-a9be013a5536 If you are committed to giving students a life-changing education, we want to meet you!
874 total views, 2 today