Finance Chief Financial and Operating Officer
Ingenuity Prep is a supportive school community dedicated to academic rigor and civic leadership, preparing students for the path to colleges and career of their choosing. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers and staff. We are one of the highest performing schools in Ward 8 and proud recipients of a Bold Performance School award.
We are seeking a Chief Financial and Operating Officer to join our executive team to ensure the school builds on a strong foundation in operations, finance and compliance. The CFOO will manage, coach, and develop the Director of Operations and Director of Data and Enrollment as each of those team members lead their own teams towards ambitious goals. The role offers the opportunity to engage in school-wide leadership and build deep relationships throughout the community. Successful candidates delight in moving between long-term planning, the details of day-to-day school operations and proactively solving complex challenges. They are able to both lead through others as well as execute key projects. They believe in the power of collective impact and build teams that innovate, take risks and approach the work with an equity-centered theory of action.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C.’s students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS CHIEF FINANCIAL AND OPERATING OFFICER:
School-Wide Leadership (20%):
- Serve on the Executive Team, setting school-wide vision and goals, collaboratively driving towards outcomes, and collectively owning strengths and challenges
- Drive key components of the strategic plan and associated measures and metrics
- Liaise with external stakeholders as a representative of the school, including leading and supporting board committees
- Build relationships and lead communication with internal stakeholders in 1:1 and whole-school settings
Operations Leadership (30%):
- Set a vision for and bring to life an exceptional school operations model
- Manage and develop the Director of Operations to serve as a school-wide leader and manager of the 7-person operations team; support professional development for the operations team
- Directly manage and problem solve around facilities operations including building security and and major improvement projects
Data and Enrollment Leadership (25%)
- Ensure Ingenuity Prep meets the highest standards for compliance with the Office of the State Superintendent of Education and Public Charter School Board requirements for student enrollment and data
- Oversee ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, and software to meet the needs of the school community
- Manage and develop the Director of Data and Enrollment to serve as school-wide leader and manager of the Student Records and Enrollment manager; support professional development around data and enrollment management
- Ensure Ingenuity Prep invests the school community in, plans for and meets annual enrollment targets
Financial Management Leadership (25%):
- Lead organizational financial planning, financial policy development, budgeting, annual audits, and day-to-day accounting
- Serve as a key advisor to the CEO and board on risk management for the organization, providing periodic reporting and analysis of key metrics
- Manage the work of an external accounting partner around long-term financial planning, accounts payable and payroll
- Partner with other leaders to meet requirements and maximize grant funding
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You hold a passionate belief in Ingenuity Prep’s mission, values, and educational model
- You relentlessly drive to achieve goals and have a track record of demonstrated success in school operations and financial leadership
- You have at least seven years of combined leadership experience in operations, finance and compliance, preferably in a school setting
- You have a proven ability to create and maintain a strong, positive adult culture achieved through empowering coaching and management practices
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and a have capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges
- You can work collaboratively with all stakeholders to innovate, problem-solve, and/or resolve conflict
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to growth, professional learning, and equity-centered leadership
- You can join our team between May and July, 2024
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Salary starting at $143,000 and increasing commensurate with experience.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave, up to 6 weeks, at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave ) for all staff — regardless of gender.
- A 100% match — up to 3% — on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use.
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
All Ingenuity Prep employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their start date. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment or must be approved for a medical or religious exemption.