Operations / Administration Chief Operating Officer
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. We commit to eliminate the predictability of who is included in excellence and who is not. Adams 12 Five Star Schools puts students first and supports our district’s mission to elevate student success for every student every day in every classroom. Candidates who can contribute to our goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
SUMMARY: Supervise the operational activities across the District including facilities, maintenance, planning, custodial, safety and security, energy, construction, transportation, nutrition services and BASE program, providing operational and general logistics support. Develop short and long term plans to accomplish District goals and objectives in each department supervised. Draft policies and administrative procedures for consideration and action by the Superintendent and prepare resolutions for the Board of Education as appropriate.
JOB TASKS DESCRIPTION:
1. Develop short and long term plans to accomplish District goals and objectives in each department. Review and respond with performance or action plan to address all known issues of concern/crisis within each department.
2. Evaluate performance indicators to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, Board of Education policies and regulations, and negotiated agreements. Maintain and direct activities related to the District’s safety and security efforts. Participate in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of objectives established by the Board of Education or the Superintendent.
3. Direct the process of real property acquisition and delivery of new school construction. Coordinate construction related projects and activities to ensure good stewardship of bond proceeds.
4. Direct preparation of Board of Education reports and summaries as identified for division and departments.
5. Represent the Superintendent and Board of Education with all components of the school community in areas of responsibility and designated. Serve as a member of the District’s executive leadership group; assure coordination and synergy of all District support activities.
6. Supervisory responsibilities include hiring, disciplining, terminating, directing work, assigning work, training and evaluating.
7. Direct the budget procedures for each department in this division and establish, approve, review, direct, evaluate and assure compliance limitations.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an administrative capacity within a large and complex business, government, or education organization.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.