Teacher Coach and Teaching Assistant Vacancies
We have two vacancies available at CodeSpeak Labs. Both are part-time teaching positions, ranging between 3 – 20 hours / week for each role.
- Coach A CodeSpeak Coach is a great opportunity for graduate students studying education. Previous computer coding/technology expertise is not required. Once you’re accepted into the ranks of CodeSpeak Labs Coaches, we’ll match you up with classes and students based on your skills and availability. You will be matched with co-instructors with a technical background to work with you in the classroom.CodeSpeak Labs coaches are paid $20-30/hour. Within your first semester, you’ll have an opportunity to receive an hourly rate increase once you’ve demonstrated success.
- Teaching Assistant We also have Teaching Assistant positions available for people who are in the process of growing in their expertise in either coding or classroom management. This is a stepping stone position for individuals who aim to be promoted to Coach. TAs are paid $15-20 / hour.
All CodeSpeak Labs staff members are enthusiastic, committed individuals who love helping kids learn and solve problems. CodeSpeak Labs takes a lab-based approach; the focus is on students doing rather than listening to lectures or reading textbooks. Coaches and TAs guide students through activities which progressively develop their coding skills. Through each stage of the program, students build working websites, apps, games, and more, and coaches send parents and school administrators regular progress updates via email with links to student work.
Requirements for Both Roles:
- You have some experience working with youth, especially as results-oriented teacher/tutor.
- You take work seriously, but don’t take yourself seriously.
- You have the ability to learn and adapt quickly, craving feedback and constant improvement.
- You believe all students can learn, and deserve a high quality education.
- We are actively seeking graduate students who are studying education.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
About CodeSpeak Labs
CodeSpeak Labs teaches kids coding– the language of the 21st century– giving them a competitive edge before they’re even in college.CodeSpeak Labs teaches kids coding– the language of the 21st century– giving them a competitive edge before they’re even in college. Jobs in computer programming are among the fastest-growing and highest-paying opportunities, but 90% of high schools do not offer any computer science classes.We offer classroom-based instruction in New York City in grades K-12. Classes take place in our New York City locations, including after school sites and partner schools. www.codespeaklabs.com
How to ApplyEmail email@example.com with “CodeSpeak Part-Time Application NYC” in the subject line. Attach your resume and include your answers to these questions:
- Why do you want to work for CodeSpeak Labs? What role are you applying for (Coach or TA)?
- What’s an effective way to tell if a student understands a new concept?
168 total views, 2 today