Principal or Vice Principal Colorado Director – Center for High School Success
Your role stands at the center of the fight to change the odds for underserved students. As a key member of Stand’s leadership at a moment of tremendous need and opportunity, you build on the significant progress to date to create the capacity to help hundreds of high schools across multiple states to lift their on-time graduation rates by effectively implementing the University of Chicago Network for College Success’ proven Freshman Success Approach. As someone motivated by results and impact, you get the opportunity to work with colleagues who not only care deeply about justice and equity, but who are bold and strategic and take responsibility for achieving substantial progress toward greater justice and equity every year, everywhere we work. Through your strategic leadership of Stand’s Center for High School Success (CHSS) in Colorado, you’ll take Stand’s impact to new heights while empowering and developing the capability of thousands of educators working in under tapped communities in the process.
Stand is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
- Lead the expansion in Colorado of Stand’s efforts to embed the Freshman Success Approach and related student supports in high schools across the state;
- Create a Freshman Success Network of districts that are committed to implementing the Freshman Success Approach with fidelity and deliver Freshman Success Institutes;
- Provide on-going coaching and technical assistance to educators in our growing network of partner high schools;
- Hire, manage, and develop a Coach/Coaches and ensure we provide outstanding training, coaching, convening, tools, and data to educators in our partner high schools;
- Participate in ongoing dialogues with appropriate colleagues in other Stand affiliate states and with Stand National on how to continuously improve CHSS’ training and technical assistance provision and model through analysis of data, qualitative feedback, periodic site visits;
- Develop and manage key partnerships to facilitate high quality support of CHSS partner schools;
- Ensure effective CHSS marketing and communications and dissemination of CHSS-developed tools and resources;
- Serve as a spokesperson for the CHSS work in Colorado as needed and appropriate before policymakers and the media in partnership with the Government Affairs Director and Marketing & Communications Director;
- Assist the Colorado Executive Director with fundraising as needed.
- Passionate and unwavering belief in that all children can and must graduate from high school prepared for and with access to college or career training;
- Demonstrated success as a school or school system leader in implementing the Freshman Success Approach specifically and/or early warning and intervention systems generally;
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing, growing, and continually improving a large-scale, multi-site, data-driven education program that achieved significant results;
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse staff;
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal, presentation, and written skills;
- Superb, proven management skills, ideally within a matrix management organization;
- Ability to be stationary for extended periods of time and to travel to meetings outside of the office; Ability to lift more than 10 pounds, on occasion; May require the ability to climb stairs.