Teacher Construction Instructor
Instructor: Construction Pathways
Position Begin: July 2023
Work Schedule: This is a full time year round position.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Provide training to students with classroom instruction, project-based learning, and hands-on skills. Work with industry partners to prepare students to be college and career ready in the fields of structural design, blueprint reading, construction, building trades, electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems, welding, masonry and introduction to heavy equipment. Direct the construction of a tiny home project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach existing NCCER Core curriculum, facilitate OSHA 10 Construction curriculum.
- Training on NCCER will be provided.
- Present subject matter using various teaching methods and technology to adapt to varied learning styles.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects and administer and evaluate tests and assignments.
- Support student achievement and career planning.
- Maintain discipline and safety in the classroom and work sites.
- Communicate with parents, home school counselors, and others involved in the education of the student.
- Select and requisition/purchase instructional materials; maintain inventory records.
- Maintain and oversee use of all shop equipment.
- Work with industry partners and mentors
- Keep current with changes and developments in the construction industries through networking, conferences or professional growth activities.
- Work with industry advisory committee
- Serve as an advisor to applicable student organizations.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Academy Director.
- 3+ years teaching and/or industry experience.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
- Ability to work effectively as member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Broad knowledge of techniques and practices used in related industry.
- Journeyman or equivalent in a construction trade
Youthentity is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit that empowers youth to succeed at life through financial education and career readiness. We encourage kids to discover and unlock their potential by providing real-world learning experiences, and hope that every young person in the communities we serve enters adulthood financially literate, with applicable work experience through our career development programs.
This job description is intended to accurately reflect the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.