School Network Staff Coordinator, Development
Start Date: Immediate
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
About Achievement First:
Achievement First, a non-profit 501(c)3 charter school management organization, operates over 30 public charter schools in Brooklyn, Connecticut and Rhode Island. The mission of Achievement First is to deliver on the promise of equal educational opportunity for all children, regardless of race or economic status. Achievement First currently educates more than 12,600 students in historically underserved neighborhoods, with over 90% of our students identifying as Black and Latino. With its college-preparatory focus, the Achievement First approach is attaining breakthrough academic gains throughout the network. Beyond our students and schools, Achievement First is an engaged and prominent partner in the larger conversation about how to improve public education and student achievement in our country.
Achievement First’s approach to teaching and learning enables every student to succeed at the highest levels. This involves:
- Recruiting and developing successful teachers and school leaders and empowering them to use student data to strategically drive instruction;
- Creating a joyful school culture where it is “cool to be smart” that emphasizes character education and focuses students on college;
- Providing students with more time on task and intense intervention when they are struggling so that no child falls through the cracks.
For more information about Achievement First’s mission, approach, schools and team, please visit our website at www.achievementfirst.org.
Team Development secures the philanthropic resources necessary for students, teachers, and leaders to thrive and for the network to serve as an exemplar in public education. The coordinator will report to the director of development and play an important role in developing strong relationships with individuals, foundation and corporations who share our vision for equity in education as well as in cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting compassionate, generous contributors. This is a unique opportunity to learn the art and science of effective development in the context of supporting the multi-million dollar annual fundraising efforts of one of the leading education reform organizations in the county.
Responsibilities of the development coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Database Management & Gift Processing
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce databases, including updating contributor gift records and generating gift accounting, contact list and other reports as needed
- Record all gifts received and coordinate with Team Finance to ensure the timely and accurate processing of gifts
- Draft and mail acknowledgement letters with 1-2 weeks of receipt
- Grant Writing and Management
- Manage grant application and reporting calendar to ensure Team Development meets deadlines and annual fundraising goals
- Prepare grant applications and reports for a subset of private funders as a key component of Team Development’s annual and/or multi-year strategy for these funders
- Coordinate across other Achievement First teams and/or school teams to obtain the information necessary to prepare and complete timely funding proposals and reports
- Analyze and synthesize information to compose compelling funding proposals and reports that faithfully and knowledgeable communication Achievement First’s successes and challenges
- Participate in select funding meetings/visitations as a part of the grant making due diligence process
- Execute appeals and campaigns, including drafting copy for appeal letters and supplemental materials, assembling mailing lists, and coordinating printing and mailing
- Assist team members in planning and execution of board meetings, school visits, and other fundraising/special events as necessary
- Process expense reimbursements, credit charges, and invoices for the Vice President of Development
Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, articulate and persuasive, with the ability to differentiate internal stakeholder communications from those intended for external stakeholders
- Highly organized, with superior attention to detail and the ability to manage, prioritize, and ensure the completion of multiple projects
- Resourceful in pursuit of outcomes, seeking clarity in ambiguity and calmly handling the unanticipated
- Interest in performing a critical support role while learning in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Willing to learn and improve, self-reflective, receptive to constructive feedback
- Able to connect with others and build effective professional relationships
- Healthy curiosity about all aspects of Achievement First, eager to learn more about and support the larger mission and vision by engaging in network opportunities outside of Team Development
- Belief in and passion for the Achievement First mission and educational model
- Solid technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with Google Drive, Raiser’s Edge, and Salesforce a plus
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years work experience, consistently meeting or exceeding performance goals
This position will require occasional evening work and travel within Connecticut and between Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
How to ApplyTo Apply Please send a resume and one-page cover letter outlining why you want to join the team at Achievement First and how your skills and experience will contribute to the efforts of Team Development to: Kaitlin Rosa Moher Director, Development email@example.com Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.
337 total views, 2 today