Principal or Vice Principal Dean of Specialized Services – Hansberry College Prep
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We’re Seeking
The Dean of Specialized Services is a 52-week position responsible for coordinating and executing 504 and IEP paperwork and meetings with the monthly benchmark of 97%+ compliance. They will be directly managed by the Principal, and will work alongside Learning Specialists and Related Service Providers.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Dean of Specialized Services coordinates the Special Education department in the following ways:
- Completing all tasks related to triennial Full Individual Evaluations, annual Individual Education Plans, and annual Section 504 Plans.
- Opening all documents in IMPACT
- Conducting observations of students during class
- Scheduling meetings on team roster and calendar
- Coordinating with Learning Specialists and ensuring quality completion of all documents 10 days prior to meeting, including but not limited to: Consent/Assessment Planning, Learning Environment Interventions, Notice of Conference, Parental Excusal of Staff
- Attending and facilitating all meetings
- Ensuring all signatures are captured and all copies are provided to parents and uploaded into IMPACT
- Communicating and coordinating with Network and CPS for all transportation, paraprofessional, and placement requests
- Coordinating with outside service providers (psychologist, nurse, OT, PT, AT, SP, VI, HI)
- Sending all quarterly IEP progress reports and other ODLSS mass mailings home and obtaining signatures .
- Managing learning specialist, paraprofessionals and teacher assistants.
- Owning promotion and matriculation of diverse learners.
Noble Quality Non-negotiables
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- An unwavering belief that all teachers want to and will do their best when supported and developed
- A passion for organization and completing paperwork with fidelity
- Strong interpersonal skills for facilitating IEP and 504 meetings
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results
- LBS1 certification
- 3+ years experience working in the special education field
- A bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What Noble has to Offer
A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course in the way you think will best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. All classes start on time and are never interrupted with announcements, copy rooms are stockpiled with paper, and over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
Robust Student Services: We believe in serving the whole child. For this reason, each of our campuses is equipped with at least one full-time licensed Social Worker and teams of College Counselors. Additionally, our students have access to a variety of enrichment and extended learning options such as night and summer school courses and internship opportunities.
Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building, and we welcome the accountability necessary to achieve excellence. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.