Operations / Administration Deputy Director of School Operations, Humanities IV
New Visions Charter High Schools (NVCHS) provide all students, regardless of their previous academic history, the highest quality education in an atmosphere of respect, responsibility and rigor. We ensure that our students have the skills and knowledge to graduate ready for college, pursue a career, and engage with the 21st century economy. We develop learning experiences that allow risk-taking, cultivate students’ imaginative and creative abilities, and celebrate achievement. Through intensive study students learn how to generate research questions, develop the skills necessary to answer those questions, create products that demonstrate understanding, and defend their knowledge publicly.
New Visions Charter High School for the Humanities IV (HUM IV) was founded in 2017 offering pathways to success for urban students who otherwise might not have access to both formal arts training and a college preparatory education. We are artist-scholars who analyze global issues impacting humanity for the purpose of becoming an engaged community inspired to CREATE. Located in Rockaway Park on the Beach Channel Educational Complex, HUM IV serves 195 students in grades in 9 and 10.
The Deputy Director of School Operations is a vital member of the HUM IV Operations Team, School Leadership Team, and the HUM IV school community, and plays a central role in effectively maintaining the school’s administrative systems and routines. (S)he is responsible for core business operations functions, including finance, administration, technology, compliance, facilities and general school operations support. This includes managing budgets, purchasing, per pupil billing, inventory, work plans for school events and more. The Deputy Director of School Operations will supervise the Technology Specialist and School Operations Assistant as well as other operations staff as the school continues to grow. The Deputy Director of School Operations reports directly to the Principal.
Key responsibilities include:
- Finance – Monitor the school’s budget and oversee purchasing, accounting, saving on costs and staying compliant. Create systems to monitor department, club and teacher budget lines.
- Purchasing – Coordinate purchase orders and check requests for all vendors contracted to provide goods and/or services. Collect student fees for special events and trips. Manage vendor relationships such as those with copier services, and building safety contractors, etc. Ensure all the appropriate contracts have been submitted and approved prior to work being performed.
- Compliance: Ensure school-wide compliance with health and safety laws, teacher certification and fingerprinting, city and state education mandates, and all federal and state workplace regulations. Responsible for certifying Galaxy, submitting per pupil billing reports, and monitoring VADIR data
- Human Resources – Track and monitor teacher absences, latenesses, per session, and timesheet submissions to be recorded daily in payroll system. Serve as HR liaison for the school including managing the recruitment and onboarding of staff.
- Facilities– Manage paperwork, contracts, permits, and logistics related to Third Party Work. Liaise with custodial team when facilities need repair or issues arise.
- Mailings – Oversee mailings to ensure they happen in a timely and thorough manner.
- Asset Management – Create systems to monitor inventory, including the organization of storage spaces, and cell phone collection.
- School Store – Stock and supervise the school store.
- Weekly Operations Meetings and Professional Development – Plan for and facilitate weekly operations meetings for staff who hold responsibilities related to business operations to ensure alignment on expectations, roles, responsibilities, and upcoming actions and deliverables needed. Also facilitate training for non-operations staff specific to School Operations procedures.
- Work Plans – From direction of leadership, as events are scheduled take point on planning and executing work plans from an operations and logistics perspective, securing the appropriate involvement of staff and students as appropriate and fostering an attitude of collaboration and and positive support with all stakeholders.
- Excursions – Ensure all logistics are taken care of in advance of excursions including registration, transportation, and permission slips.
- Student Recruitment and Enrollment – point person on business operations side, including work plans and purchasing of materials.
- Nutrition program: Responsible for the free and reduced-price meal eligibility program at the school and relationship with outside vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and/or passion for working with youth, families and the community
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines with the ability to think and act strategically
- Demonstrated commitment to the school vision and mission
- Demonstrated commitment to practicing the Anatomy of Trust with all staff personnel
- Demonstrated ability to act as a model professional at all times for staff, students, and families
- Diffuses/anticipates conflict
- Learns from mistakes and adapts behavior
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed
- Master’s Degree required. Degrees in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- At least 7 years experience working in operations, finance, and/or human resources.
- Previous experience working in an urban school setting
- Previous experience with event planning, youth development, supervising staff, and management of teams.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerSchool, and other school information systems.
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to equity, innovation, and customer service.
New Visions is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our careers site: https://www.newvisions.org/pages/Operations-Careers?gh_jid=1526875
380 total views, 1 today