Marketing and Communications Development Officer
ExpandED Schools is dedicated to closing the learning gap by increasing access to enriched education experiences. We give children more hours in the school day, bring more role models into the classroom, and infuse their learning with enrichments in literacy, STEM, arts, and sports and opportunities to build character and leadership skills. In our first decade, we created the nation’s first citywide system of K-12 after-school programs and leveraged more than $500 million in private and public funds. Today, we continue to reimagine learning time – in school, after school and during the summer – developing scalable and sustainable models that provide more quality learning. Since our founding in 1998, we have reached more than one million students and trained more than 30,000 educators and teachers. We:
- EXPAND the school day: Adding 2.5 hours each day; closing the learning gap by 450 hours/school year.
- ENGAGE the community: Bringing additional role models – tutors, coaches, college students and teaching artists – into the classroom.
- ENHANCE the learning: Balancing the curriculum with the arts, sports, STEM and character-building enrichments.
Purpose of Position
ExpandED Schools is seeking a talented, entrepreneurial individual with a passion for fundraising to serve as a key member of its Institutional Advancement team. The Development Officer will support private fundraising efforts integral to securing the organization’s $13M annual operating budget. The position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to utilize and continue to develop a multi-faceted set of fundraising skills. The Officer will help to expand an already robust institutional grants portfolio, manage a growing Annual Benefit, and oversee the Junior Board. The Institutional Advancement department, which includes Development and Communications staff, is team-oriented, collaborative, and welcoming of new, creative ideas for continuing to enhance its fundraising and marketing strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write compelling grant proposals and timely reports to secure new commitments and renewals from institutional donors, working closely with the program, research, and finance teams.
- Work with the Senior Director of Development to build the prospect pipeline by researching and identifying high net worth individuals and foundation and corporate prospects to approach, along with developing materials to support cultivation activities.
- Manage the production of Annual Spring Benefit and additional donor events during the year, with the opportunity to recommend and implement new strategies for leveraging events to support fundraising priorities.
- Oversee Junior Board and help to develop this dynamic group of young professionals as organizational ambassadors, connectors, and fundraisers.
- Partner with the Senior Director and program staff to develop and implement volunteer opportunities that support donor cultivation/stewardship goals while also providing meaningful learning opportunities for students and educators served by ExpandED.
- Support day-to-day department management, including gift processing, generating acknowledgement letters, and producing reports from Raiser’s Edge related to tracking revenue and progress against the department’s action plans.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in fundraising preferred;
- Commitment to advancing equity in public education, background in education reform, and appetite for developing an in-depth understanding of ExpandED’s initiatives;
- Love for writing and strong facility as a writer;
- Experience running fundraising events or other relevant event management experience;
- Excellent project management skills and facility for motivating and helping to guide cross-departmental teams;
- Willingness and ability to manage tasks independently, supported by weekly meetings with Senior Director and Institutional Advancement team;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Critical thinker, analytical, and detail oriented;
- Creative, bold, and ambitious;
- Strong proficiency in MSOffice Suite, including comfort designing PowerPoint presentations; and
- Prior database experience (ideally with Raiser’s Edge) and interest in continually developing database skills.
ExpandED Schools offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Full-time and eligible part-time employees receive medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by ExpandED Schools
- Health, dependent care and transit pre-tax accounts
- Employer-paid life insurance and supplemental disability coverage
- A generous paid time off package which includes 20 vacation days, 8 sick days, 4 personal days and 12 paid holidays (prorated for part-time staff)
- 403b retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 5% of annual compensation after one year of employment (no match requirement)
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Partial tuition reimbursement offered to employees after one year of service
- Professional development opportunities, including funds to participate in external training and coaching opportunities
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Subject: Position Title. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. ExpandED Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
268 total views, 8 today