This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
5 Feb 2021
Instructional Support Director-Equitable Learning Environments
The Director (Equitable Learning Environments) works closely with the Chief Equity and Social Justice Officer (CESJO) to assist in the development, monitoring, managing, and presenting of the Equity and Social Justice Office’s strategic priorities and progress regarding closing the opportunity gap for Atlanta Public Schools’ African-American, Latinx, and other underrepresented student populations. The Director also participates in the creation and execution of the District’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Implements the District’s Equity Policy and Strategic Plan for advancement toward eliminating the opportunity gaps
- Examines school-based and district practices to identify marginalized students and families’ inequities and creates programs, plans, and policies to address the inequities.
- Oversees a coalition of schools’ equity improvement efforts and supports schools regarding the District’s equity framework.
- Supports best practices and policies for African American, Latinx, English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) student achievement, including coordinating and overseeing the Black and Brown Excellence Initiative.
- Develops targeted strategies to create a more inclusive and supportive environment for the success of African American, Latinx, ESOL, LGBTQIA, Special Education, and Gifted student populations.
- Collaborates, with appropriate staff, to design an access improvement framework for marginalized groups.
- Partners with the Schools and Academics divisions to ensure continuous learning and quality improvement of organizational culture and practices through the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), DEI metrics.
- Designs and facilitates high-quality professional learning for stakeholder groups to promote cultural proficiency and competency and a climate of equity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with experts to evaluate APS’s practices, stays current on DEI and culturally responsive pedagogy research and best practices in the education field and beyond, and recommends relevant adaptation of District activities and actions under that learning.
- Partners with students and families in identifying barriers to success, exploring growth opportunities, and developing plans for improvement and engagement.
- Employs best practices in change management and organizational development to support the District’s culture as an antiracist, multicultural organization so that it can achieve its equity goals.
- Represents the District in regional and local associations, civic clubs, ethnic and non-profit organizations as assigned.
- Manages assigned portion of department’s budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring spending.
- Collaborates with consultants and stakeholders that impact the goals of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice throughout the organization.
- Delivers reports to the Superintendent, Board and stakeholders on the District’s progress related to assigned projects.
- Supervises assigned personnel, provides assistance, conducts annual performance appraisals and makes recommendations for appropriate employment actions.
- Required to have prompt, regular attendance in-person or virtually and be available to work on-site, in-person during regular business hours and as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by an appropriate administrator or their representative