Principal or Vice Principal Director of K-12 School in Dubai
A new American (New York) curriculum school will be opening in Dubai for the August 2018 – 2019 school year and we seek an experienced school director to start in January 2018 to assist in the preparatory work for the school’s opening and to lead and manage the school as it grows. This will include the administration of Board policies, execution of Board decisions and informing the Board of operations. The Director will have the primary responsibilities for educational, administrative, financial and operational matters. This is an exciting, once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on a new, top-quality school in a modern and welcoming international setting. Edvectus is the exclusive recruiter for this post. All resumes and inquiries can be sent to the attention of: Sara Young, Recruitment Manager of North America, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay and benefits
- Tax-free monthly basic salary up to 25,000 AED (approximately $6,800/month. This tax free salary is equivalent to the net salary of approximately $120,000/year if taxed in New York)
- Accommodation allowance
- One time settling and moving allowance
- Mobile phone allowance
- Joining flights from home of record for self, spouse and up to two children.
- Flights yearly to/from Dubai for self, spouse and up to two dependent children
- Medical insurance for use within UAE for self, spouse and up to two children.
- Visa processing costs.
- 100% Tuition Fee discount for up to two children of staff enrolled with the school. Additional fees are required to be paid by staff member.
- 2 year renewable employment contract .End of service bonus
- 45 days calendar leave per 12 month period (taken during school leave periods)
- Candidates should be currently employed in a US district school offering the Common Core State Standards with preference given to the New York State (or recent employment in a US district school if working internationally or on leave).
- US citizen and native English speaker.
- Ideally candidates should hold valid US Teacher and/or School Leader (SBL) certification with preference given to New York State certification.
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification/post-certification, relevant US teaching experience in a Common Core State Standards school (preferably in New York State).
- Experience of no less than 3 cumulative years in educational leadership in Common Core State Standards accredited US schools (preferably located in New York State), where the candidate has held such positions as vice Director, principal, vice principal, curriculum coordinator, head of section(s), or head of department, if the candidate has not been a Director.
- Candidates must hold an advanced (post-graduate) university degree in educational matters (or the equivalent thereof) from a recognized institution in addition to their teacher degree qualification(s) and state certification(s).
More details about the school here: https://www.edvectus.com/pages/teach-in-dubai-at-spark-school
How to ApplyAll resumes and inquiries can be sent to the attention of: Sara Young, Recruitment Manager of North America, at email@example.com Edvectus is an international recruitment agency that recruits educators for teaching and leadership jobs in international schools abroad. We are a friendly and innovative company that combines international teacher recruitment with an online learning portal for educators who wish to improve their teaching skills, enhance their knowledge of international curricula and their knowledge of working abroad. Our services and our learning portal are free for educators.
312 total views, 1 today