School Network Staff Director of Network Operations and School Support
An Invitation to Apply for the Position of
Director of Network Operations and School Support
About Public Prep
At Public Prep we believe that joy, warmth, and rigor are the foundation of a school culture where students achieve academically and develop strong character. In the words of one community member, “Every student, every family and every Public Prep staff member plays an important part of our amazing school, a school filled with energy, personality, hardworking people who are committed to ensuring all of our scholars have a sense of belonging and are put on a predictive path to and through college.”Our network comprises 6 schools across 5 campuses in the Lower East Side and Bronx, serving 2,100 scholars in grades PreK-8:
Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School (Grades Pre-K-5)
Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School II (Grades Pre-K-1)
Girls Prep Bronx Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Girls Prep Lower East Side Elementary School (Grades PreK-4)
Girls Prep Lower East Side Middle School (Grades 5-8)
Boys Prep Bronx (Grades K-8)
Primary Function & Position Overview
The Director of Network Operations and School Support helps build and sustain the infrastructure of our growing network of charter schools. The Director of Network Operations and School Support is responsible for enhancing Public Prep’s existing operations procedures and practices, ensuring that school operations comply with city, state, and federal laws and regulations put forth through our charter authorizer. The Director of Network Operations and School Support manages the Shared Services Team at the home office and works closely with the school-based Directors of Operations.The Public Prep Director of Network Operations and School Support is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the school-based Operations teams can excel in their school-based functions, by ensuring compliance with and improvement of our operating policies, procedures, structures and systems.
Through this work, the Director of Network Operations and School Support improves the instructional impact at our schools by regularly monitoring and auditing school-based school operations teams to ensure effective systems, routines, and resources. THey also build and codify systems to ensure network-wide visibility to school-based operational functions. The Director of Network Operations and School Support combines a capacity for strategic thinking with keen attention to detail
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support in developing the operations and school support strategy aligned with the networks’ goals and strategy
- Work with the Managing Director of Operations and school-based Directors of Operations to develop a network-wide operations manual and associated processed, structures and reporting
- Work toward the centralization of network-wide processes and functions
Compliance and Reporting
- Oversee and collaborate with the network Shared Services Associate to support schools’ compliance with all city, state, federal, and authorizer policies related to public school operations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety laws, charter contracts, and all federal and local workplace regulations
School Operations and Policy Oversight
- Support school-based Directors of Operations regarding: (1) state, federal and charter authorizer compliance; (2) procurement and inventory management ; and (3) technology infrastructure support as needed.
- Lead and manage school based operations teams in a temporary capacity in the absence of a campus Director of Operations
- Issue reminders in advance of school deadlines, such as for NYSTL spending, submission of bi-monthly enrollment reports, or city/state compliance deadlines and other
- Communicate and implement PPN-wide operational policy and process changes throughout the schools
- Collaborate with the Managing Director of Network Operations and implement campus Operations a building Walkthrough Protocol and conduct monthly evaluations for each school based on the Walkthrough Protocol.
- Lead and collaborate with the Director of Student Recruitment and Enrollment in setting strategy and managing the execution for Public Prep’s new family engagement and communications from prospects, newly enrolled and retention of existing families.
- Collaborate with the Recruitment and Enrollment team to determine ambitious goals rooted in data and develop a strategy to meet those goals as needed.
Procurement and Fiscal/Vendor Management
- Oversee large, multi-school purchases by coordinating orders with vendors and tracking delivery, inventorying and payment.
- Conduct price comparisons across vendors and initiate relationships to offer best prices to our schools.
Facilities and School Start-Up
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Operations to ensure plans are in place and are effectively executed for the opening, repairs and renovation of school spaces, both new and existing.
- Support and work with school-based Directors of Operations to ensure they are equipped for the operational start and end of the school year (i.e., opening day & end of year closeout checklist, facilities maps, operational training for staff, etc.)
- Ensures that each direct report has a development plan aligned to their performance goals and expectations.
- Collaborate with organization leaders in cross functional teams to develop, operationalize, and coordinate projects in need of additional capacity;
- Develop and refine strategy documents and presentations for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to exercise considerable tact, courtesy and confidentiality in frequent contact with the internal and external parties.
- Proactively identify organizational opportunities and needs and mobilize others to address them;
- Provide high-level strategic visioning and project management for charter applications and growth planning.
- Additional responsibilities as outlined or assigned by your supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university, or art school
- An M.A., Ed.M or Master’s degree or minor in a relevant content area or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success working in a high-performing, urban school or education-related management setting preferred
- A track record of success managing complex projects that involve multiple stakeholders
- A track record of building and leading teams of diverse stakeholders
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Superior communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively
- A commitment to single-sex education
Public Preparatory Network is an Equal Opportunity employer. Public Preparatory Network is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
Please be sure to attach a resume and a cover letter including examples of how you have demonstrated continuous learning and specific ways you have used data to drive decisions.