Operations Director of School Operations
The mission of Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is to address the academic, social-emotional and developmental needs of its students in a safe, supportive and trauma-sensitive learning environment. Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to serving at-risk students, including students in foster care and students receiving preventive services. Through a rigorous program of instruction utilizing a trauma-informed, Sanctuary approach and by providing a wide range of wraparound support services, Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School will help each student become more resilient, independent and academically successful.
During its first five-year contract, CMCCS will serve K-5th grade students, and thereafter, will expand through 8th grade. CMCCS will be a separate 501c3 education corporation, which will work closely with Cardinal McCloskey Community Services. The school will open in August 2018.
Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to the Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive trauma-informed method for creating change and helping individuals heal from traumatic experiences. It is a whole system approach built around the framework of SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss, and Future). It is designed to facilitate the development of structures, processes, and behaviors on the part of staff, children and the community as a whole that can counteract the physical and psychological wounds suffered by the children, youth, and families we work with. The ultimate outcome of a trauma informed philosophy is the creation of safe, therapeutic living and working environments for our students, families, agency members and ancillary providers, which espouse the proactive principles of growth, change, and empowerment of the individual for the betterment of the community. Each employee across our family of agencies has the responsibility to demonstrate the tenets of the Sanctuary Model in their work with students and in their interaction with other team members. Demonstrating these tenets is considered an essential responsibility for all staff in all positions across our school and family of agencies.
Director of School Operations
The Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School Director of School Operations is responsible for overseeing school operations. The Director of School Operations reports directly to the Principal. The Office Manager, Technology Coordinator and School Nurse all report to the Director of School Operations.
- Assisting in the completion of the school’s annual reports and in the charter renewal process.
- Overseeing site management and development.
- Ensuring that the school site is maintained as a safe and clean environment
- Ensuring that the appropriate reflection of the Sanctuary Model ® seven commitments are appropriately reflected through out the facility grounds and classrooms.
- Recruiting, hiring, and training administrative & operations personnel—in coordination with the Principal—including annual performance evaluation of administrative & operations personnel.
- Developing recommendations regarding human resources policies and reporting such recommendations to the Principal.
- Developing and maintaining the school’s operational plan.
- Establishing strong systems for data management (e.g. enrollment and admissions procedures and records; attendance procedures and records).
- Supervising and supporting all compliance-related reporting.
- Overseeing operations in a manner consistent with all applicable local, State and Federal statutes and in compliance with the organization’s by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing personnel administration, in coordination with the Principal
- Manage the school’s food and transportation services by coordinating with service providers and overseeing deliveries
- Overseeing and implementing with the support of the contracted financial consultant and school-based operations manager, office managers, administrative assistants, the school’s procurement process.
- Carrying out bookkeeping functions with support from the contracted financial consultant
- Ensure the timely implementation of all items on CMCCS’s monthly administrative calendar
- Supporting the Principal in developing, modifying and implementing the school’s student recruitment/outreach plan with a strong focus on enrolling a diverse student population including requirements around targets for low income families and students eligible for free or reduced lunch program as well as ELLs and students with disabilities.
- Leading efforts to ensure effective communication with the parents and the community – including maintaining email lists/groups, an up-to-date web site and newsletters.
- Coordinating and supporting parent/family education and community
- Attending all board meetings and working with board members and committees to implement policies.
- Overseeing the performance of contracted service providers: security and janitorial services.
- Performing other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Expected Qualifications and Training:
- In addition to the above requirements, incumbent must: Understanding of and commitment to the mission, goals, educational philosophy and activities of the school, as described in the school’s charter.
- Demonstrated record of leadership, charter school operations management and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher degree, in Operations Management, Organizational Management, Business or related field.
- At least three years of demonstrated and successful record of prior employment in an operational capacity preferably in an educational environment, charter school experience a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies.
- Knowledge of Sanctuary Model ® or trauma informed organizational change model
- Experience in bookkeeping and the use of accounting software
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and charter authorizer requirements.
- Demonstrated willingness to be held accountable for student results;
- Prior experience as an assistant principal overseeing school operations or school director of operations.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning through professional development.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School offers a comprehensive benefits package.
How to ApplyTo Apply Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org *In the subject line, please indicate your name and the position. Ex. “John Doe- Director of Operations” https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=CMCS46&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US%3f
534 total views, 1 today