Operations / Administration Director of School Development
New Visions seeks an experienced leader to develop and manage the systems infrastructure of our Charter School Initiatives that will support continued growth. In collaboration with units within the CMO, the Director will provide leadership to build and maintain this dynamic network of 10 schools and will be responsible for developing and supporting the overall systems , student recruitment, accountability and project management across all Charter units and serve as the point person coordinating across Charter and other departments at New Visions. The Director will also be responsible for working with Charter Principals to design, develop, and implement administrative systems at each of the schools, maximizing efficiencies and effectiveness that lead to higher student outcomes.
Interacts with: Charter and school leadership, New Visions departments, state charter authorizers, NYCDOE, funders, Charter Boards of Trustees
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Ten years of experience developing and supervising functional areas under operations in a K-12 educational setting with deep experience in developing student programming strategies
- Five years of classroom experience developing, delivering, and working directly with students
- Considerable knowledge of public administration with demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, and organizational management is required
- School Building Leader or School Administration and Supervision Certification required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to provide leadership and to supervise the planning, development and establishment of new, modified and/or improved strategies, policies and procedures.
- Experience managing senior managers in the following functions: school leadership, human resources, information technology, finance, facilities and general operations.
- Ability to conduct long-range planning and forecasting.
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal) with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by professional standards and/or federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends, and developments in relevant management areas.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization and administration.
- Consummate team player with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effective crisis management experience.
- Strong work ethic with a “roll up the sleeves” attitude.
How to Applyhttps://www.newvisions.org/pages/Central-Office-Careers?gh_jid=1673495
620 total views, 1 today