Technology Director of Student Information Services
About the STRIVE Prep Tech Department:
The STRIVE Prep Tech Department leverages technology to amplify all staff and students’ ability to succeed, lead and transform, both in college and in their own communities. The Tech Dept is comprised of a Senior Director of Technology, an IT Director, a Network Engineer, IT Coordinators, and Portfolio Managers who support the following key functions:
- Technology solutions based on data driven decisions in order to realize desired educational outcomes
- Ongoing tech support based on industry standards
- Regular evaluation and optimization of technology systems and processes, and
- Deployment of technology solutions and support based on education outcomes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- (Primary) Manage Technology Systems
- Act as Subject Matter Expert at STRIVE Prep for Infinite Campus working with Denver Public School liaisons on planning, training and support.
- Manage team of Student Information Services professionals.
- Design processes, configure systems, and provide effective training to allow for accurate reporting of grades to teachers, students and families based on academic requirements.
- Manage initial setup and ongoing support (through tickets and onsite support) for Infinite Campus and other designated Ed Tech systems including acting as a point of escalation.
- Support campus Master and Student Scheduling including High School and TNLI (Transitional Native Language Instruction) model.
- Monitor those systems to make sure they work optimally for our campuses.
- Ensure ongoing data quality, integrity, and accessibility for those systems.
- Identify and correct system errors to minimize or eliminate impact on teachers, students and daily instruction.
- Collaborate with Central teams to identify needs, improve gaps, and support data integrity and reporting success.
- Support Staff
- Train and coach designated campus staff and Central staff in Infinite Campus to ensure efficiency and District compliance.
- Develop detailed, well-structured, and differentiated training to cover essentials of managing the systems throughout the school year.
- Ensure procedures are documented and reflect best practices across the network.
- Coordinate staff on-boarding as it relates to account provisioning and initial training.
- Provide designated staff with ongoing strategic and direct coaching to improve the accuracy, quality, and efficiency of their work.
- Directly coordinate SIS/Ed Tech-related work with the APs of Instruction, Ed Tech Specialist and Office Manager at 2-4 STRIVE schools
Our Aspiring Director of Student Information Services:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree (required), and preferably an advanced degree.
- Has experience configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining Infinite Campus (strongly preferred) or a similar student data system, preferably across multiple schools.
- Has experience supporting education applications (preferred).
- Has a demonstrated ability to successfully manage and lead others, via coaching, professional development, and supervision.
- Performs well in a fast-paced environment to provide technical system support and training.
- Dedicates themselves to the educational success of all students.
- Brings enthusiasm, professionalism and positivity to their classrooms and our adult community.
- Assumes the best in others and is willing to have courageous conversations in order to do what is best for students.
- Works hard and approaches challenges as opportunities for improvement.
- Sets high expectations for themselves and others and is willing to hold themselves and others to those expectations.
- Builds relationships with school leaders, teachers, students, and families through effective communication and consistent partnership.
- Uses reliable transportation and has the ability to travel to support 11 schools across the Denver Metro Area.
What we offer our Network Staff:
- Coaching focused on your continued development in this role
- Competitive compensation package and annual cost of living performance based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
This positions begins immediately.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
STRIVE Prep is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our Careers Page at http://www.striveprep.org/join-our-team/teach-at-strive/ to learn more about what to expect in the hiring process and who we need.
How to ApplyContact Rachel Medlock at email@example.com or Susan Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions Apply here!
273 total views, 2 today