Operations DIRECTOR, WORK BASED LEARNING
235 work days
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Director of Work-Based learning will have strategic oversight of the design and implementation of various work-based learning programs. This will include defining the student-related objectives of various work-based learning programs and tying that to both the DPS CareerConnect strategic plan, as well as Denver Plan 2020. It will also include designing program linkages and communications protocols to create a clear continuum of experiences for students and companies alike. The Director will supervise the four managers of various work-based learning programs, and will also have indirect management of approximately 20 school-based staff; the number of school-based staff may grow as the number of high schools CareerConnect serves increases.
Personal & Values:
– Models DPS Shared Core Values and holds their teams and colleagues accountable for doing the same.
– Integrates learning to increase leadership skills and personal effectiveness.
Vision & Strategy:
– Primary responsibility for the quality of work-based learning programs and will regularly visit companies, schools, students, and families to determine whether various programs are meeting objectives.
– Responsible for leading the development of data systems to track participation in work-based learning programs, as well as program outcomes.
Operational & Organizational:
– Develop a staffing plan to support the scaling of DPS CareerConnect pathways.
– Develop program strategy.
– Evaluate program quality; monitor participation and outcomes.
– Manage work-based learning programs and school-based staff.
People & Culture:
– Be part of the DPS CareerConnect leadership team and will participate in overall strategic decisions related to the growth and ongoing development of DPS CareerConnect programs.
Community & Equity:
– Builds collaborative relationships with cross functional and internal stakeholders.
– Positively represents DPS in the broader community.
– Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 10+ year of related experience.
– Demonstrated experience performing as an effective leader and team player, and recognizing and resolving conflicts or potentially controversial situations through diplomacy.
– Outstanding facilitation and communication skills, including ability to inspire others.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
– Ability to communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effective oral, written and presentation skills.
– Bachelor’s Degree educational leadership or business administration
– Master’s Degree preferred
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/y95do8g8
81 total views, 1 today