Operations / Administration Early Childhood Quality Improvement Manager
All young children in New York should have access to the highest quality services across sectors, locations, and professions. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute, housed at the City University of New York, is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that exists to drive the excellence of services designed for young children through research, policy, and practice. The Institute is the implementing agency for QUALITYstarsNY.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State’s voluntary 5-Star early childhood quality rating and improvement system. Since its inception, QUALITYstarsNY has focused its evidence-based practices to ensure that young children in participating programs have access to excellence and families can trust the level of quality in the program they choose. Assessment, coaching, professional development, and a wide range of resources are made available to each site, enabling QUALITYstarsNY to support early childhood programs to earn higher star ratings.
The Quality Improvement Manager (QIM) will work closely with the Project Director and other project staff to implement the continuous quality improvement cycle of QUALITYstarsNY throughout New York State. The QIM will supervise a team of Quality Improvement Specialists (QIS) across the state who are responsible for engaging participants in the quality improvement process. The QIM is responsible for the allocation of quality improvement funds and scholarships to the QIS including reconciliation of budgets and ongoing monitoring of bookkeeping records. The goal of this position is to effectively evaluate and improve the supports provided to participants including monitoring Quality Improvement Plans, Star-Ratings and quality rating scores in key areas. The QIM is responsible for building the capacity of QIS through leadership, professional development, and a range of other supports to ensure success in their role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership & Supervision
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of the continuous quality improvement cycle of QUALITYstarsNY in collaboration with the Project Director and project managers including processes and procedures to strengthen the comprehensive statewide infrastructure.
- Supervise and coordinate the case management of the QIS, including the effective development of quality improvement plans.
- Complete timely annual performance evaluations for all QIS and coordinate professional development opportunities to encourage growth and success.
Management & Monitoring
- Develop, implement, and monitor quality control systems to ensure accountability for contract and grant deliverables, including documentation, tracking, and data analysis.
- Manage the development and revisions of the QIS Staff Manual.
- Collaborate with Project Director and project managers to monitor and improve the database system(s), including the development and revisions of technical manuals for staff and participants.
- Manage the hiring and on-boarding process for QIS, including development and facilitation of the new hire orientation.
- Collect and analyze data to inform and strengthen practices that align with state and local priorities.
- Perform data analysis and write reports that describe progress toward project goals and outcomes.
Communication & Partnerships
- Engage in building relationships with key stakeholders, representing and promoting the work of QUALITYstarsNY locally and across the state at various events, trainings, and meetings.
- Attend and contribute to project planning meetings and the development of the annual project calendar.
- Maintain efficient and organized records and files as part of the administrative team.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study
- The equivalent of 7+ years in a leadership role with project or program management experience in early childhood education or a related profession
- The equivalent of 5+ years of experience providing coaching and technical assistance/support to early care and education programs
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills to motivate the team to accomplish goals in an effective and timely manner
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate complex systems with integrity, efficiency, and accuracy
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; superior attention to detail.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills, including ability to facilitate training and presentations
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and general fluency with various technology tools and platforms
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, including overnight stays
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Reflective nature
- Comfortable with competing and shifting priorities
- Sound judgment and decision making
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as conference/webinar software, personal computers, laptops, photocopiers, filing cabinets and presentation materials
While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 40 pounds), bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time, and repetitive motion (keyboarding).
Ability to travel to various QUALITYstarsNY locations, and other agencies/partners locally and across the state as needed.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.
How to Applyhttps://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=VA-1904-003055 Please apply through the link supplied above and submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
610 total views, 2 today