Teacher Earth Science Teacher – Middle School
St HOPE Leadership Academy is a college-preparatory public charter middle school in Harlem, New York City. The school opened in 2008 and serves students in grades 6 through 8. St HOPE provides a rigorous curriculum, intensive interventions for students performing below grade level, and a defined character development program in a structured and disciplined learning environment. At St HOPE, community service is valued by students, parents and staff. To help meet our students’ diverse learning needs, each core class at St HOPE is taught by two teachers. St HOPE provides multiple opportunities for leadership at the department and grade team level. In addition, St HOPE provides a $2,000 stipend per year to every full-time staff member to explore external opportunities for professional development.
To educate self-motivated, productive, and critically thinking leaders who are prepared to succeed in a college preparatory high school, committed to serving others, and passionate about lifelong learning.
To ensure every St HOPE scholar graduates ready for a life of learning and service, we are seeking an Earth Science teacher who has multiple years of teaching experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and other instructional materials and methods of teaching in your classroom
- Collect, report, and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data about students and refine lesson plans accordingly
- Support a school culture of high academic and behavioral standards and create a supportive and engaging learning environment
- Discipline specific Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education preferred
- NYS teaching certification or eligibility to be certified
- Demonstrated passion for science
- Special Education certification is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team, including exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Desire to work in an urban middle school, experience in NYC preferred
- Demonstrated belief that all children deserve an excellent education
- Competitive and commensurate with experience, starting up to 15% above DOE salaries
- Full benefits package includes retirement plan with employer match, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid parental leave.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. St HOPE Leadership Academy (SHLA) is an equal opportunity employer. SHLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
76 total views, 1 today