Operations ECE Education Director
making a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children, at risk families, adults with developmental disabilities, and children in our Head Start program with the hope of a brighter future with community based services.
Education Director Head Start/Early Learn/UPK (ECE)
Position Summary: Within policy guidelines established by the Board of Directors, the terms of the Purchase of Service Agreement, licensing requirements and any requirements set forth in labor agreements to which the Board may be a party, the director is responsible for overall administration and supervision of the ECE site. The Education Director is responsible for working cooperatively with the Site Director to assume all administrative duties that will contribute to the successful operation of the center. These responsibilities shall include; providing daily oversight of all aspects of the early childhood program, supervision of staff, ensuring compliance of UPK; Head Start Performance Standards and/or ACS Early Learn; NYC Department of Health regulations; and adherence to OSHA guidelines and regulations. All responsibilities should be completed collaboratively with the Site Director.
- Work in collaboration with the Site Director with the day-to-day operations of the program.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and mature judgment in order to provide oversight of all program activities, and ensure that they are reflective of the needs of the population being served.
- Create and maintain a professional relationship with staff and a positive center environment that successfully engages staff, including having awareness of the particular job of each staff member and its relationship to the whole program.
- Maintaining a program that meets the physical, intellectual and social emotional needs of each child.
- Help staff acquire the understanding and skills needed to effectively maintain a high quality services for the children and families.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Director to maintain high quality educational
- Provide oversight for any volunteers and interns in conjunction with coordinators and other delegated persons.
- Plan, organize, and monitor the recruitment of children and families to meet and maintain full enrollment.
- Monitor and update all licensing information which may include applying to renew Participate in the One Page Plan (OPP) process to evaluate staff.
- Participate in the Strategic Planning meetings for the agency and recommending changes in policy and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management team and Senior Vice President of the ECE Division.
- All schedules and responsibilities are subject to change at any time to meet the needs of the agency.
Essential skills, experience, licensure, certification:
- Valid New York State Teacher’s Certificate (or equivalent certificate from another state, which is recognized by the New York State of Education) Birth – 2 or Nursery – 6
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree must be in Early Childhood Education
- 2 years group teacher’s experience plus academic course work pertinent to the appropriate age levels.
- 3-5 years administrative experience in early childhood.
- 1 year of experience with Head Start Performance standards, EarlyLearn/ACS ECE requirements, DOHMH licensing and DOE UPK
CMCS is committed to the practice of trauma-informed care in accordance with the tenets of Sanctuary through utilizing the SELF framework for Sanctuary practice and promulgating Sanctuary training and trauma-informed clinical treatment.
How to ApplyApply for Education Director using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=CMCS46&jobId=58820&lang=en_US&source=CC3
44 total views, 1 today