2 Oct 2017
Reporter or Editor Editorial Director
We are New York City’s top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Editorial Director to join our Academics Team.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the Editorial Director will use their editorial and managerial experience to support the Academics team.
Key responsibilities include:
– Managing the development and packaging of our curricular and pedagogical materials within our dynamic environment of continuous improvement;
– Creating innovative solutions for how academic content is conveyed to our leaders and teachers for effective implementation in schools;
– Developing a strong and consistent tone, style, and voice for our pedagogical materials;
– Collaborating with our Education Institute team to prepare our materials for digitization and consumption by online audiences, both internal and external; and
– Developing systems and processes for ensuring that our materials are tailored to the needs of our leaders and teachers, and are created in concert with our team members who work directly with our school leaders to improve instruction.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
– Is a gifted manager who has a track record of success in a high-paced, high-volume environment;
– Is an exceptionally clear communicator, talented writer, and innovative thinker who will turn our curricula into a unique brand;
– Can imaginatively re-conceive how we deliver, share, and consume content across our organization;
– Is a leader with tremendous agency and can execute against short-term and long-term goals; and
– Is committed to education reform and possesses a desire to revolutionize how we educate students in pre-k-12.
How to Apply
To join our team, upload a resume and cover letter that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
31 total views, 2 today