Instructional Support Education Specialist
Education Specialist at Detroit Parent Network
Detroit Parent Network Immediate Opportunity
Full time Position
Job Title: Education Specialist
Position Full Time Hourly
Program: ELFE -Early Literacy Family
Reporting To: EFLE Manager and CEO
Location: DPN and Program Locations
Travel Required: 10-20 %- for special events
The Education Specialist is responsible for developing and facilitating programs that primarily support
Early Literacy and Family Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with coordinating peer educators and part-time staff to deliver quality programs that are engaging, relevant
- Having a passion for Human Services and Childhood Education
- Use electronic software to track, report, and evaluate program attendance and program evaluations completed by program participants
- Research best practices in literacy initiatives for adults and children and provide our community with the knowledge and tools to take action and create positive change within our community.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Family/Community Development, or Child and
Family, and three years relevant experience
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Associate degree in early childhood education, elementary education and/or other education/human service area and additional credits, and four years relevant experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this role, this position frequently requires the ability to sit for a long period, talk and listen. Position requires walking, use of tools and ability to navigate outdoor clinical and community settings. Positions require the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee
and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer or job change.
Detroit Parent Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer that fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender orientation, disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category in its employment practices, programs and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Hybrid Work Location- Remote or in office
Work Location: Multiple Locations