Teacher Science Teacher
Start Date: August 2017
Location: Harlem, NY
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem (NCSH) has been chartered by the New York State Education Department and opened in Central Harlem in August 2012 with kindergarten and first grade. As of the 2017-2018 academic year, NCSH will serve grades K-6 and will add a grade each year thereafter until the school accommodates scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The school has an accomplished and committed Board, which includes its two founders as well as a Head of School. We are looking for experienced educators who are excited by the challenge of being part of the school and have the dedication and motivation to make it happen.
Mission of the School
Our mission is to provide the children of Harlem with new educational opportunities through a rigorous, comprehensive K-8 program that cultivates the intellectual, social and emotional development of each child. Our students, who include high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorders, will become independent learners and critical thinkers, will acquire the academic skills that they need to succeed in college preparatory high schools and will exhibit the social and emotional skills that will allow them to reach their full potential.
Teaching at The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem:
High quality, dedicated teachers who have a professional and personal dedication to student achievement are the single most important factor to the success of students and the school. Therefore, recruiting and selecting the best teaching staff is of paramount importance to our success.
* Have an unyielding belief that all students will achieve
* Desire to tailor instruction and “think outside of the box” to expose students to high quality and meaningful instruction at all times
Planning and Preparation
* Set and hold students accountable for high academic and behavioral standards
* Design rigorous, inquiry-based lessons
* Immediately adjust lessons and teaching style if it is not resulting in academic and emotional growth
* Consider the various learning styles of students when planning and implement opportunities for all students to participate in every lesson
* Maintain impeccable order in the classroom with clear expectations and routines
* Develop and maintain a phenomenal room environment that is clean, organized and student centered
* Willingness to give and accept feedback in order to promote professional growth
* Willingness to be a public learner and participate in learning opportunities with colleagues
* Impeccable teacher attendance and punctuality is expected
* Superior communication skills
* Strong work ethic
Educational Background and Work Experience
* Bachelor’s degree
* New York State certification or eligible
* Demonstrated success working with students
* One year of teaching experience working an urban setting (preferred)
* Knowledge and experience working with students with disabilities, specifically high-functioning autism spectrum disorders
* We offer a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
* E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Science Teacher” in the subject line of your e-mail.
*Please do not apply if you do not hold NYS teaching certification or are not eligible for NYS teaching certification through interstate reciprocity.
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyTo Apply * E-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type “Science Teacher” in the subject line of your e-mail. *Please do not apply if you do not hold NYS teaching certification or are not eligible for NYS teaching certification through interstate reciprocity.
375 total views, 1 today