Teacher ELA Teacher (6th-8th Grade)
The Centennial Academy teacher will utilize current strategies and theories to plan, organize and implement instructional strategies for Centennial Academy students through a Project-based Learning environment steeped in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) instruction.
$2,000 Signing Bonus
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on Centennial Academy’s PBL and STEAM curriculum
- Integrates intentional technology into classroom instruction
- Actively participates and utilizes professional learning, specifically in the PBL and STEAM fields to support innovation
- Provides a classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject areas
- Exhibits knowledge of performance-based instruction and assessment
- Communicates responsibly with all students, parents, colleagues, stakeholders and school leadership
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications
- Plans and facilitates rigorous and engaging lessons
- Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of the student’s educational program
- Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures
- Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities
- Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale
- Builds a classroom structure where challenge is valued and expected
- Believes that successful outcomes are possible for all students
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- T4-T7 Georgia Certification required
- Gifted Endorsement, preferred
- If Georgia Certification has not been acquired, candidates must produce Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) completion assessment data with proficient rating in area(s) of desired teaching field.
- Works collaboratively within curriculum and instruction to design and implement project-based learning and STEAM instruction
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Normal school related working conditions to be expected, i.e. standing, sitting, etc.
- Ability to collaborate well with others
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.