Teacher Elementary Academic Dean
Mission: The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School is a community school whose mission is to prepare elementary school students for success in middle school, high school, college, and life by providing them with a rigorous instructional experience; addressing their physical, emotional, and social needs; fostering a sense of pride and hope; and serving as a safe and engaging community hub.
Position: Every day, our caring teachers and leaders work to ensure students gain the knowledge, skills, and determination they need to succeed in school and life. Children’s Aid College Prep offers a rigorous curriculum, fully aligned with the Common Core Learning Standards, for students in small class-sizes and with structured social-emotional supports. Staff members collaborate to ensure that all children meet and/or exceed grade-level standards and other developmentally appropriate goals, while satisfying their intellectual curiosity. We embed the supports children need to address barriers to learning so that they are able to take full advantage of the excellent instruction our teachers provide.
Children’s Aid College Prep seeks a dynamic, talented Academic Dean to ensure all scholars are equipped with the necessary tools to thrive in high school, college, and beyond. He/she will play a key role in the development and implementation of the school’s curriculum. He/she will get the exciting opportunity to work side-by-side with a committed group of educators to develop innovative ways to deliver world-class training and development to a dedicated team of teachers.
- Engage in strategic planning to foster the development and growth of curricular programs
- Support and contribute to the continued development and implementation of a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum including a vertical scope and sequence through continuous review of assessments, unit plans, and lesson plans
- Coordinate and compile data required for accreditation and program review; monitor compliance with state accreditation and standards of program review
- Counsel and advise students on academic matters as appropriate
- Model instruction by leading, co-teaching, and pushing-in to classrooms as needed for support in academic and school culture
- Clearly articulate benchmark student performance goals for each grade level and work with teachers to set clear, measurable student performance goals in their individual classes to ensure all students achieve our standards
- Observe lessons regularly and deliver targeted feedback to teachers
- Devise and monitor high-impact support plans for struggling students
- Take ultimate responsibility for ensuring all students’ learning and emotional needs are met
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to ensure discipline system supports student learning
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to ensure conditions for adult and student learning are consistently optimal
- Analyze school-wide trends around attendance, homework, and behavior and design responses to gaps which ensure desired results
- Invest students and families in the CACPCS mission and core values, ensuring all students care deeply about their school community, their academic performance, their college graduation, and becoming the next generation of leaders in our community
- Work closely with individual students who are struggling to meet behavioral and academic expectations and communicating with their families regularly and with a strong sense of possibility
- Demonstrated record of success in working with teachers in order to promote student achievement
- Demonstrated record of success with low-income students of color on both quantitative, objective measures as well as qualitative measures
- Passionate belief in CACPCS’ mission and an unwavering belief that all students, regardless of demographics, can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Appropriate terminal degree for the position; in addition, progressively responsible managerial experience
- Previous experience or other evidence of administrative ability to direct research operations is required, as is an ability to provide a clear vision and to plan strategically to achieve the school’s research goals and objective
- The successful applicant should have a track record of making timely decisions and responding promptly to deadlines
- Exemplary level of cultural competence and ability to be both empathetic and firm with students
- Strong work ethic that accommodates high levels of responsibility, as well as prioritization and organizational skills and ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Must have a tremendous knack for calming elementary students down and ensuring they understand and know how to follow the rules
- Must have incredibly high expectations and be willing to put in 100% effort at all times
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To find out more about the school’s goals and outcomes, please visit our website at
Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
How to ApplyPlease apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 003338 https://childrensaidrccorp.peoplefluent.com/res_viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-23588&ERFormID=res_newjoblist&ERFormCode=any
384 total views, 1 today