Teacher Elementary Lead Teacher ELA or Math
Who We Are
Achievement Prep is an award-winning college-preparatory public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities. Our elementary school serves approximately 350 scholars in K-3rd grade. It also includes an early childhood partnership with AppleTree Institute, which serves approximately 160 preK3 and preK4 scholars.
What You Will Do
Serving as the educational content expert, Achievement Prep Elementary School Lead Teachers seek to eliminate the achievement gap everyday by teaching rigorous instruction to our elementary scholars, in addition to small group intervention lessons. Lead Teachers are a part of a determined team of educators who push one another to create and sustain an outstanding environment for teaching and learning characterized by joyful rigor. As the content expert for her/his scholars, the Lead Teacher is driven by the belief that the quality of instruction has the most immediate impact on Achievement Prep’s ability to achieve our mission.
How You Will Win
- Scholar Achievement
- Family Engagement
- Continuous Development
- General School Support
Your Future Legacy
- Because of your exemplary teaching, your scholars go on to excel in high school, college and beyond. They are contributing citizens who improve, advocate for, and lead communities that are thriving, safe and productive.
- Your impact will develop motivated scholars who have the skills and knowledge to successfully navigate life.
- You change the lives of your scholars and their families by engaging families who work in partnership.
- With you on the team, Achievement Prep continuously raises the bar for high-quality education in historically underserved areas.
- You will report to the Principal
- You will receive coaching from an Instructional Coach
- You will work with, support and learn from a Co-Teacher and be equally responsible for student achievement
The role is a fit if:
- You believe in the power of education to change lives and the world.
- You are passionate about planning rigorous, joyous lessons for scholars.
- You know that in order to fully educate a scholar you must develop their character.
- You want to serve a historically underserved community and love partnering with parents.
- You have a growth mindset and are eager to implement feedback.
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with teaching license or passing Praxis scores in the area you want to teach
- 2+ years of experience as a teacher of record in a K-5 setting
- 2+ years of experience working with children in historically underserved communities
Nice to Bring:
- A Master’s degree in education
- Teacher leadership experience (grade level lead, department chair, mentor teacher, etc.)
Achievement Prep’s mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
- Established: 2008 School
- Opened: 2013
- Strategically Located: Southeast, Washington, D.C.