Teacher Elementary School Reading Interventionist
Aspen Elementary School is now accepting applications for the position of Reading Interventionist for the 2023-2024 school year.
Position Title: Elementary School Reading Interventionist
Department: Aspen Elementary School
Reports to: Aspen Elementary School Principal
Contract Period: 9 Months (185 days with some variance depending on the year)
Compensation: Certified Salary Schedule
Benefits: ASD offers district-funded employee and dependent health benefits including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance to benefit-eligible employees. Other benefits include (as eligible): paid leave, CO PERA (pension plan) enrollment with district contribution, TSA options, free transportation for employees from Carbondale to Aspen, employee assistance program, wellness program, supplemental insurance (ie cancer, disability, etc).
Job Summary: The reading teacher provides intensive intervention and implements scientifically based reading instruction to improve reading skills, develop composition skills, encourage critical thinking, and to improve the academic skills needed for success. The reading specialist will work one-on-one and/or in small groups with students to meet Tier 2 and 3 intervention needs and provide Tier 1 literacy support.
- A current Colorado teaching license with an endorsement in reading or the eligibility to obtain this license within the first 3 months of hire
- 4 years of experience as a teacher of reading, including experience with scientifically based reading interventions preferred
- A deep understanding of evidence-based literacy research and practices for teaching reading and assessing student progress toward achievement of benchmarks as documented in coursework
- Create engaging needs-based lessons for multiple reading groups
- Administer screening, progress monitoring, diagnostic and outcomes measures
- Work with teachers on the administration and interpretation of assessment data to determine adequate progress or those in need of interventions of varying intensity, as well as a grouping for small, needs-based groups, as part of differentiated core instruction
- Administer and interpret in-depth diagnostic measures or additional assessments commonly used in the school
- Assist in the analysis of school-wide literacy strengths and weaknesses and formulate plans to improve student achievement in reading and teaching effectiveness
- Create an atmosphere of trust and collaboration among staff to promote professional growth and accelerate the reading achievement of all students
- Collaborate with colleagues and the school community to enhance the teaching profession
- Have a strong desire to extend learning experiences beyond the classroom, including participation in outdoor education
- Identify student needs and collaborate with other staff members in assessing and aiding students to solve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information for the purpose of protecting students, staff, parents, and the District
- Communicate with parents and school counselors regarding student progress
- Participate in curriculum and other programs within the school and/or on a district level
- Participate in faculty meetings and on committees
- May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals or student teachers and monitor standardized tests
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or necessary
- Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions of Aspen High School and the Aspen School District
- Displays a willingness to learn new information
- Uses clear verbal and written communication and strong listening skills
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct
- Formulates goals that reflect the organization’s strategic theme and include specific, measurable outcomes instead of just completing activities
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility (give and take) in team discussions, activities, and decision making
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality
Experience and training in IB are preferred. This may include IB teaching, tutoring, or examining experience. Implement meaningful lessons and units in your classroom while meeting the IB Program requirements. Participate in IB professional development and workshops, that may be outside of contract time.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, and repetitive motion with computer use. The job is performed in a generally clean and comfortable environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The middle school reading teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. The Aspen School District reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
|Primary Location||Aspen Elementary School|
|Salary Range||$50,000.00 – $82,887.00 / Salary|
How to Apply
|Title||Aspen Elementary School|