20 Nov 2020
Teacher Elementary School Teacher
About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a growing network of innovative public charter schools, serving students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade in the Greater Denver Area. Rocky Mountain Prep opened its first school in 2012 with 130 students and has grown to four schools, working with over 1,500 scholars across two districts. Grounded in our culture of rigor and love, our schools consistently outperform local districts academically, while also ensuring our scholars are developing in our PEAK values of perseverance, excellence, adventure, and kindness.
Who We Seek
Our staff believes that when you love someone, you hold them to high expectations – and we apply this to our own work, the work of our colleagues, and the work of our scholars. We take our work seriously, but ourselves less so – we laugh and joke and bring joy to work every day. And finally, we value a diversity of perspectives and experiences, recognize the humanity of those around us, and seek to build an inclusive environment that models what we wish to see in the world.
Overall, we’re good people with big hearts, who care a whole lot about our people – both big and small – and are constantly improving our practice to be the staff our scholars truly deserve.
Note: This application is for all K-5 lead teaching openings. If you have a strong preference for a certain grade level(s), please note that in your application. Otherwise, we will process your application for the grade levels that we have the greatest need for.
In this role, you will:
- Establish a culture of rigor and love with our co-workers and with our scholars
- Use our high-quality curriculum and data systems to drive outstanding scholar growth and proficiency
- Develop meaningful relationships with families and community members to build trust and partnership
- Demonstrate a “by any means necessary” work ethic to ensure our scholars receive the education and support they deserve
- Support the recruitment and enrollment of scholars, the recruitment and retention of staff, and family engagement activities, as needed
- Perform other duties, as required
In order to teach at RMP, you must:
- Be able to provide an official transcript demonstrating graduation from an undergraduate institution
- Provide evidence of passing the Praxis 5001 exam in or other Colorado Department of Education approved test scores
- Provide evidence of Colorado Certification (required only for Special Education and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse positions)
- Pass a background check
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $47,250 – $64,750
- Access to healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
How to ApplyUse this link to apply! Once you have submitted an application our team will follow up within 24-48 hours with next steps.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you so much for considering Rocky Mountain Prep for the next stage in your teaching career. We look forward to getting to know you and sharing more about us. Please reach out with any questions!