Teacher Elementary Special Education Teacher – Grades 3-5 – Harlem & Brooklyn
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Elementary Special Education Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew.
- Provide instructional services to students with IEPs in the areas of reading, mathematics, and writing
- Deliver prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by the student’s IEP
- Consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students
- Communicate and conference with parents providing information on student progress
- Manage and support an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning
- Support student and school needs in preparing to be successful on the NYS State Exam
- Work closely with peers and administration to develop multifaceted curriculum that integrate multiple subjects and approaches to meet the individual needs of students
- Lead classroom differentiation through curricular modifications, instructional techniques, parallel instruction, and integrated classroom strategies
- Assess and develop goals for the IEP process
- Implement IEP goals and strategies into an integrated classroom
- Maintain an awareness of school’s strategic initiatives and incorporate them into your work.
- Regularly and accurately report student progress and maintain accurate and up to date records related to student achievement, performance, and IEP goals
- Review data daily and amend your approach accordingly
- Take an active role in your professional development by identifying and creating opportunities to expand your skills to meet the demands of individual student needs
- Attend IEP meetings and parent conferences
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and collaborating effectively with co-teachers and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required; Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of 1-year teaching experience is required; experience in an urban school setting in which the students were selected by lottery and not by entrance exam or by discretionary criteria
- Must hold NYS Teaching Certification Students with Disabilities Birth -5th
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about teaching and learning your subject area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyTo be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter with the subject Elementary School Special Education to email@example.com
221 total views, 1 today