Teacher English, Math, Science, or Social Studies Teachers
Math, Science, English, or Social Studies Teacher
Teachers of Purdue Polytechnic High School will facilitate an academic experience with social supports tailored specifically to the needs of students. Teachers and students work together to schedule time for instruction, which can occur individually, in small groups, or in large groups depending on the learning styles of the students. Fulfilling the role as a personal learning coach, teachers will encourage students to demonstrate high levels of social responsibility, personal accountability, and independent thinking. Through design-based problems and projects teachers will facilitate student learning in a variety of formats to master Indiana state standards, pass state high school graduation exams, and meet college requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject specialty required. Prefer a minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Current Indiana Teaching Certification in subject specialty, dual licensure preferred.
- Experience working with high school age students in a non-traditional setting highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success meeting educational needs and understanding student learning styles.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment.
- Has working knowledge of technology applications to enhance instruction and perform administrative tasks.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities while attaining a positive learning environment.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population.
- Experience working with online learning is a plus.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, highly preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Ability to gather and analyze data for informed decision making.
- Possess the essential mindset that all students can succeed.
- To provide support for learning that contributes to an outstanding student experience from the start of the PPHS journey to progressing into further study or employment.
- To work directly with Facilitators, Peers and Partners to ensure students are fully engaged with all aspects of student personal learning and achieving to the best of their ability.
- To provide, on a one to one and group basis, high quality interventions that encourage learners to engage and enable the achievement of realistic yet challenging goals to support future success and progression.
- To measure the impact of personalized learning and project management to evaluate effectiveness and inform continual improvement.
- To assist in activities such as recruitment events, enrollment activities and assessment of support needs.
- To understand barriers to learning and to support learners to overcome these by guiding students in developing a growth mindset and delivering a consistently outstanding service.
- Establishes and maintains PPHS core values and guides all interactions between students, parents, community and industry members to achieve a positive learning environment conducive to the success of the students.
- Manages and monitors students’ learning experience to ensure student engagement and accomplish learning goals.
- Analyze and interpret data and make necessary adjustments to achieve learning goals
- Attend all team and professional development meetings.
- Evaluate academic, personal growth, and 21st Century skills data.
- Accepts responsibility for appropriate utilization of and the care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Performs such other duties as assigned that will lead towards the success of the PPHS
How to ApplyPlease go to https://pphs.purdue.edu/employment-opportunities and complete an application. Please submit your application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com
435 total views, 1 today