Teacher English Teacher
Who are we?
The CUBE is a high school opening in August 2019 serving an intentionally diverse student body. We will open with a ninth grade and build out, one grade per year, to a full 9-12 high school. We teach most of our courses as topic-based, six-week, co-taught, interdisciplinary classes. Our innovative teaching method prepares learners to achieve at the highest academic levels, while also learning to think deeply, solve challenges, and practice creativity with compassion and empathy. When students graduate from our school, they not only have a solid foundation of knowledge, they also have the hands-on skills and the ability to convey their learning that will allow them to excel in their future.
The success of this model depends on passionate teachers who love working with kids. We aim to teach knowledge and passion, skills and character. And that means that we, as a staff, are knowledgable, passionate, skilled, and character-driven. It means that we love the subject we teach, and it means we love integrating it into the fabric of other content areas as well. It means we look for the biology in pizza-making, the physics in mountain biking, and the literary references in TV shows. Our staff members continually ask themselves the question, “what’s best for kids?”
Please visit https://www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team to apply.
What are we looking for?
The CUBE is looking for a language arts teacher who shares our belief that learning happens everywhere. Reading happens everywhere. Writing happens everywhere. Speaking and listening happen everywhere. The CUBE is committed to building a curriculum that fosters connections among disciplines and interdisciplinary fields, and it is through language that we seek to move past fragmented learning and towards connection-making. Rather than teaching English or Literature in a content silo, the CUBE offers topic-based contextualized Mash-ups in which students are engaged in making meaning through a dynamic process of questioning, problem posing and solving, and critical thinking. The following areas of study are synthesized and enhanced through the Project-Based Learning approach: classic and modern literature; social studies, science, creative and academic writing; and public speaking.
Desired Mindsets & Habits
- Driven by a burning desire to see all students succeed
- Collaborates openly and honestly, embracing a positive mindset
- Encourages a culture of mutual respect and equitable practice
- Self-reflective and exemplifies a growth mindset
- Self-directed agent of his/her own learning
- Believes in radical collaboration
- Encourages and embraces productive conflict
The CUBE Teacher:
- Communicates effectively with students and families about classroom activities and student progress
- Demonstrates content knowledge, including the Common Core State Standards
- Effectively uses language arts as a tool to understand cross disciplinary subject areas
- Set high academic achievement expectations that foster exceptional student growth and proficiency
- Identifies and supports students’ social, emotional, and behavior learning needs.
- Implements effective Project-Based Learning techniques and strategies
- Provides timely feedback and collaborates with faculty to offer specialized support
- Fosters student growth through semi-annual Student-Led Conferences and Presentations of Learning
- Scaffolds instructional activities that facilitate engaging and appropriate learning opportunities
- Differentiates instruction based on feedback, needs, and learning levels
- Provides opportunities for student engagement through “Voice and Choice”
- Implements backward design to align all lessons, activities, and assessments
- Designs formal and informal assessments that measure student progress
How to ApplyPlease visit www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team to apply.
979 total views, 1 today