Teacher English Teacher
Elizabeth High School English Teacher
$37,502 – $56,938
We offer an attractive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off as well as a retirement plan through PERA.
- Current CDE license (or ability to obtain) with appropriate endorsements in secondary English education
- Ability to effectively deliver pertinent curriculum
- Passion and expertise when working with high school students
- Ability to work collaboratively within a strong core team and faculty
- Extra-curricular activities and coaching available
This is a full-time position beginning in August, 2023. Teachers in the English department generally teach in two or three content areas each year. Specific course assignments will be determined pending the placement of all department personnel. Classes right now would consist of 9th and 10th graders, with optional electives. The opportunity to develop future courses for additional student choice exist in the current school atmosphere. There may be an pportunity to teach Advanced Placement Language.
Elizabeth High School has a cordial, high-achieving student body. The community of Elizabeth is located in a beautiful area of the Palmer Divide among rolling hills and pine forests with views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range. At an elevation of 6448 feet, Elizabeth is located 15 miles east of I-25 about 45 minutes southeast of Denver or northeast of Colorado Springs.