Instructional Support Enrollment Specialist
Colorado High School Charter Overview
Mission: Colorado High School Charter is transforming the alternative education experience by igniting the potential within each of the diverse young people we serve. CHSC ensures students’ personal and academic growth by creating tailored curricula, a supportive school environment, and community partnerships. We empower our students to succeed in life and positively contribute to their families and communities by offering them the freedom and resources to pursue a post-secondary path aligned with their individualized goals.
Vision: Schools that Empower People
Core Values: Relationships, High Expectations, Growth, Inclusivity, Wellness, Third-fourth-fifth Way
About: Colorado High School Charter (CHSC) is one of the leading alternative education campuses in Denver, serving students in grades 9-12. As an educator at CHSC, you will have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with your students while receiving regular coaching and professional development to allow you to deliver exceptional instruction for students who are looking for a small, supportive and relevant school setting.
What makes teaching at CHSC unique?
- Constant learning through weekly coaching and professional development focused on culturally sustaining and inclusive practices
- A focus on student personal and academic growth achieved through relevant and intentionally created curricula, a supportive school environment and community partnerships
- Social emotional support for students to remove barriers in and out of the classroom so ALL students can be successful
- A positive culture that regularly celebrates student and staff achievement
- We are in demand. Students are consistently referred to our schools and word is spreading about the amazing work we do.
What do we look for in candidates?
- You are passionate about education in an alternative education setting where we recognize our students are looking for a school experience that is different than a traditional, comprehensive high school. We build off of best practices that work for our students AND have the autonomy and support to be innovative in our practices.
- You are excited about Colorado High School’s mission.
- You recognize the value of learning through real-world application and are eager to help all students consider a range of satisfying career paths.
- You are excited about the opportunity to engage students inside and outside of the classroom through the creation of relevant curricula and programming.
- You have experience or a strong desire to work with young people who have struggled personally or academically in conventional school settings.
- You are tenacious about your own professional growth and have the ability to seek and apply feedback to improve your practice.
- You’re entrepreneurial, innovative and willing to do “whatever it takes.”
- You value developing trusting and often transformative relationships with students.
- You are a team player who helps create a positive and vibrant school culture for both staff and students.
The Enrollment Specialist will focus on the recruitment, enrollment and engagement of new students at our Osage campus for the 2021-2022 school year. The Enrollment Specialist will be responsible for recruitment outreach efforts, including making calls to students coded as dropouts, reaching out to other youth service-based organizations who support young people enrolling in school, and advertising CHSC enrollment in the local community. This is a contract position from May 2021-October 2021.
- Recruit young people who are currently not enrolled in school or are interested in transferring to Colorado High School Charter
- Conduct “cold calls” to students who are currently listed as dropouts
- Network with youth agencies who are working with young people who may be in need of an alternative education opportunity
- Advertise Colorado High School program offerings and enrollment process in the community
- Develop trusting and supportive relationships with young people and their families
- Guide and support prospective students and families through the enrollment process
- Progress monitor students who enroll to ensure they are consistently engaging
This is a contract position from May 2021-October 2021. This position allows for flexible work hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a self-starter with strong communication skills
- Reliability with commitment to follow through
- Case management skills/experience
- Experience working with diverse students and families
- Permanent US work authorization
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Commission based on recruitment and retention of students through October.