Operations / Administration Executive Director, Curriculum & Instruction
Executive Director – Curriculum & Instruction
Serves as part of the Learning Services team whose primary responsibilities are to: support schools, lead a comprehensive vision for teaching and learning and to model the way regarding best practices within the district. As part of the Learning Services team, will provide district-wide leadership to schools and other departments through the implementation of standards-based education aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards and the important shifts in the Common Core. Responsible for leading the implementation of standards-based instruction throughout the district. The scope of responsibility for this position includes leadership, supervision, guidance and support for standards-based education in all K-12 curricular areas: literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, health and physical education, drama/theater, world language, gifted and talented programming, International Baccalaureate programing, and English Language Learners. Will also provide leadership for and supervision of the district strategic professional development programming by ensuring that best instructional practice, aligned curriculum, high quality professional development, assessment practices and reporting of student progress are all part of a standards-based education system that supports high levels of achievement for all students.
1. Work collaboratively with the superintendent, chief academic officer and the Learning Services team to lead stakeholder engagement, strategy development, and implementation of standards-based education. Create, lead and support implementation of standards-based education across all content areas. Support principals in high quality implementation of standards –based education
2. Supervise and support the professional development director in implementation of a district professional development plan for teachers and administrators.
3. Supervise the Curriculum and Instruction team including staff in charge of gifted and talented, English Language Learners, professional development and various content areas (literacy, math, science, social studies). Lead budgeting process and management for various budgets and funding sources.
4. Partner with executive directors of schools, student support services, student coordinated services and multi tiered systems of support to ensure individual school support with meeting the needs of all students.
5. Monitor student achievement data across content areas and feedback from teachers and principals regarding professional development to ensure continuous improvement of teaching and learning strategy accordingly. Ensure broad stakeholder engagement in decision-making and voices from the schools in teaching and learning strategy.
6. Collaborate with various departments to ensure alignment of curriculum and instruction to instructional technology, district assessment strategy and district strategies for special populations.
7. Lead district-wide literacy and mathmatics strategy, based on root cause analysis data and priority improvement strategies.
8. Interpret and communicated federal, state, and district law, policy or procedure related to instruction, curriculum, use of educational materials and required school procedures and reports.
9. Lead and manage budgets across curriculum and instruction in collaboration with directors on the curriculum and instruction team. This includes management of budgets across multiple funding sources.
10. Lead K-12 new course approval process and course evaluation process and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a related field required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Educational leadership and/or Curriculum & Instruction.
- Familiarity with Educator Effectiveness in Colorado
- Expertise in literacy and/or math as a content area
- Teaching and/or leadership experience in serving English learners.
- Secondary education experience and expertise preferred.
- Experience as a School Principal.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire
- Professional Principal or Administrator License preferred
- Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified staff within one (1) year of entering position.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s license required.
SALARY INFORMATION: Level 23 ($108,652 – $159,624)
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12