Instructional Support Facilitator
Join the nation’s premier human relations/civil rights organization.
We have a mission to fight antisemitism and hate,
and to secure justice and fair treatment for all.
FACILITATOR for A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute
Serving the Chicago/Upper Midwest region (IA, IL, IN, KS, MN, ND, NE, SD, WI), the Facilitator will lead anti-bias and diversity workshops on a per-diem basis.
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute workshops equip participants to address prejudice and discrimination based on race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity, nationality, age, and ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead anti-bias and diversity workshops.
- Attend per-diem facilitator cadre meetings.
- Prepare for workshops and facilitation with ADL and co-facilitators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to attend five-day virtual “Facilitation Fundamentals in Practice” program.
- These typically run on zoom from 11 am- 5 pm EST (Mon-Thurs) and 11 am-3 pm EST (Friday).
- The training program is held from 2-4 times a year and will be announced to successful candidates on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to complete facilitation evaluation process.
- Previous training and facilitation experience with both students and adults.
- Previous work with anti-bias or diversity curricula or training.
- Previous experience in the education field a plus.
- Proven understanding of and commitment to diversity and equity education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel as needed to other states in our region.
- Bilingual language ability a plus.
Those selected to serve as facilitators will be independent contractors of the ADL and are paid for services on a per diem basis, including reimbursement for all travel expenses incurred. Most workshops are held during the day, and during the work week. Therefore, facilitators must have flexible schedules. All perspective ADL facilitators need to undergo our routine background and security checks before training and contracting with ADL.