Operations / Administration Family & Early Childhood Manager
Hours per week: 35 (full-time)
Salary Range: $55,000–60,000/year; 3-year term appointment
Classification Status: Full-time exempt
Benefits Include: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Transit, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Retirement, and other additional benefits
Reports to: Director of Learning and Engagement
Position Closes: September 12, 2023
The Family & Early Childhood Manager, working closely with the director of learning & engagement, will work to fulfill the Clyfford Still Museum’s commitment to children and families. They will lead a grant-funded expansion of our early learning program, collaborating with the community to design new offerings for infants and their caregivers. Guided by the Reggio Emilia approach principles and a profound respect for children and families, the Manager will weave connections, design innovative programs and resources, and foster a sense of belonging and community with our audiences.
The Family & Early Childhood Manager is responsible for all onsite and offsite programming and resources for families and young children. Programming for families currently includes three monthly onsite Art Crawl programs (for newborns through 14 months and their adults) and one monthly Maker Mornings family program. The Manager will be vital in fulfilling and reporting on existing early learning grants and contributing to writing new grant narratives and budgets. This role manages all family resources, including The Making Space (hands-on art studio), Art Protector, Family Guides, and tactile books.
Program Design and Development (60%):
- Work closely with the Director of Learning and Engagement and across the institution on ongoing strategy and reflection on CSM’s offerings for young children and families.
- Work closely with CSM community partners designs a new grant-funded program that seeks to bring a version of CSM’s Art Crawl program to community sites.
- Design onsite Art Crawl and Maker Mornings (family program for children ages 15 months – 8 years old and their adults) Programs.
- Co-design art crawl-based teacher and family resources alongside ECE partner schools.
- Design and maintain resources for family audiences (the Making Space, family guide, Art Protector, etc.) and works closely with the Early Childhood Specialist on the maintenance of tactile books.
Capacity and Community Building (30%)
- Participate in CSM Board Education Committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with early childhood and accessibility stakeholders.
Collaborate with contractors on the design and logistics of evaluation of family and early learning programming and resources.
- Coordinate and facilitate early childhood professional development for CSM staff and partners.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and the Director of Learning and Engagement and development staff to write, fulfill, and report on early learning grants.
- Present on Early Childhood initiatives at local conferences.
- Facilitate Art Crawl in Community programs, Maker Mornings, and on-site Art Crawl as needed.
- Model teaching strategies and engagement with early learners for educators.
- Familiarity with the principles of the Reggio Emilia approach
- Developmentally appropriate practice
- Equity in early childhood education
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet multiple competing
- Internal and external collaboration
- Fluency in Spanish language preferred
- Previous grant management experience preferred
- BA required
- MA in early childhood education, museum education, or related field, or equivalent experience in early learning environments preferred
- Five years of museum or arts teaching experience
- Working with children with disabilities
The Clyfford Still Museum offers a hybrid work environment and will provide the technology required to work from home. Both onsite and offsite work at community sites will be required, as will three weekend days and occasional evenings. Generally, this position operates under normal office working conditions, including computer usage, and may require occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, and long periods of sitting and standing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject line. Diversity and Inclusion
The Clyfford Still Museum is committed to building a diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. Non-Discrimination Statement
The Clyfford Still Museum bases its employment decisions on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, and therefore prohibits (a) making employment decisions or basing terms and conditions of employment, and (b) making contracting, admissions or facility use decisions or basing terms and conditions of contract or facility use on the basis of a person’s: race, creed, color, religion, sex, age 40 and over, height, weight, national origin, ancestry or ethnicity, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or disability, as well as any other basis now or in the future protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. The Museum follows this policy in all terms and conditions of employment including, without limitation, recruitment, hiring, testing, training, certification, opportunities for advancement, promotions, demotions, terminations, performance evaluations, compensation, and leaves. The Museum expressly prohibits retaliation against anyone who brings a complaint of discrimination or who assists the Museum in the investigation of a complaint of discrimination.