Instructional Support Founding Associate Superintendent, Schools
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
The Associate Superintendent, Schools at Harlem Village Academies will manage the school principals on all aspects of high quality schooling—instruction, culture, and operations. The Associate Superintendent of Schools will ensure the highest levels of schooling are provided to our students.
Our ideal candidate is a smart, passionate educator with an extraordinary ability to connect with, inspire, and mentor school leaders. The Associate Superintendent, Schools understands the needs of students, supports these needs, and helps school leaders and teachers provide the best possible education for our students. Our ideal candidate is genuinely warm and kind, and thrives on a results-driven team.
● Oversee the implementation of the educational vision across all campuses, and ensure schools are producing amazing outcomes for students
● Ensure all schools meet their academic and cultural goals
● Build a strong, collaborative team of principals
● Ensure schools are operationally strong, aesthetically beautiful and clean, within budget, and well-organized
● Oversee performance management systems and the hiring process across the schools
● Manage the college teams in supporting students as they prepare for college
● Provide individual development and management to school principals through one-on-one meetings, coaching, modeling, planning, and feedback
● Lead regular professional learning for school leaders (topics such as instructional leadership, personnel management, school operations, data analysis, school culture, and family investment)
● Study and analyze data on an ongoing basis
● Work with school principals to develop and implement action plans based on academic results
● Six years of experience in educational leadership with a track record of student achievement results
● Strong understanding of progressive pedagogy
● Demonstrated experience leading highly effective professional learning for teachers and/or leaders around instructional best practices
● Ability to use data to inform practice, with a clear understanding of the metrics that lead to student achievement
● Exceptional results leading others and managing a team to achieve ambitious goals
● Demonstrated success creating and managing systems and work product
● Incredibly high excellence bar and ownership over results
● A team player with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
● Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Master’s degree
How to ApplyFirst, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website. Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Please apply through the Careers section of our website: http://bit.ly/HVA-Careers.
311 total views, 1 today