Teacher General and Special Education Teachers K-8 ICT Classes at Small Progressive Charter School 2019 – 2020
Community Roots is hiring:
- K-5 teachers for co-taught classrooms
- ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies and Special Education teachers for grades 6-8 co-taught classrooms
- Spanish teacher for grades 7-8
Community Roots offers Integrated Co-Taught (ICT) classes k-5, and all middle school core content areas.
- Salary scale based on years of experience
- 403b with employer match
- Single and family dental, vision, and health care
- Preference for New York State Teacher Certification
- Prior teaching experience with demonstrated success
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Preference for dual certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities (Special Education) and a content area
Community Roots seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensuring that every child will succeed
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that a combination of creativity and research generates engaging curriculum
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org.
How to apply: Please apply online at www.communityroots.org/jobs.
How to ApplyHow to apply: Please apply online at www.communityroots.org/jobs.
141 total views, 11 today