Principal or Vice Principal Head of Kindergarten, First and Second Grade Division
Administrative Opportunity at the Stanley British Primary School
Position: Head of Kindergarten, First and Second Grade Division
Stanley British Primary School seeks a leader for its K-1-2 program, to begin July, 2020. The Head of K-1-2 will work collaboratively with a stable and dynamic faculty to build upon the nearly 50-year history of the program’s development. Fundamental to the success of Stanley’s K-1-2 program is upholding core British Primary educational philosophy and progressive approaches to early childhood education that recognize the importance of educating the whole child. The K-1-2 division at Stanley BPS is comprised of 150 students and approximately 20 faculty and staff.
About Stanley BPS:
For nearly 50 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. Our British Primary philosophy promotes the simple notion that when students enjoy what they’re doing and take an active role in their education, learning truly becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor. Stanley BPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At Stanley BPS, we value:
• Community Responsibility
For more information on our school and British Primary philosophy, please visit stanleybps.org.
The K-1-2 Head creates a clear vision and direction for faculty, students, and parents by demonstrating a deep commitment to the importance of childhood and a passion for educating young children. The K-1-2 Head supports a mindset of continual growth and improvement in our educational programs and demonstrates engaging, visible, and dependable leadership.
Towards this end, the K-1-2 Head:
• recruits, supports and evaluates K-1-2 faculty and staff;
• leads a collaborative process with K-1-2 faculty, grounded in British Primary
philosophy, to assess and evolve the K-1-2 program;
• oversees curriculum development and cross-classroom curriculum collaboration
• is responsible for all day-to-day K-1-2 operations;
• collaborates with the 3-4-5 Head and Middle School Head, as well as with other
administrative leaders in the school, to build alignment and connection K-8;
• provides a K-1-2 perspective on the school’s Senior Management Team;
• leads in ensuring the K-1-2 community of students, parents and teachers is a healthy,
safe, and supportive environment for all to do their best work;
• oversees student support systems and resolves behavioral issues, collaborating closely
with the K-1-2 social emotional teacher, families and support teams, as needed;
• stays abreast of current educational practice to support and challenge faculty in their
professional growth and in the collective growth of the K-1-2 teaching team.
The Stanley BPS K-1-2 division reflects a commitment to the following:
• caring relationships between students, teachers, and families;
• policies and professional practices that honor student and family voice;
• instruction adapted to meet a wide range of individual learners in multi-age
classrooms, while upholding the needs of the community as a whole;
• a comprehensive academic program that promotes integrated curriculum and
differentiated instruction fostering continuous growth and development in our young
The successful candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
• a demonstrated alignment with the principles of British Primary educational philosophy.
• experience leading a team of educators, including experience designing professional
• expertise in early childhood development and understanding the specific needs of our
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
• warmth, empathy, and interpersonal skills;
• ability to think strategically, problem solve and make decisions;
• flexibility, resilience and the ability to manage stressful situations
• strong organizational and time management skills;
• a strong sense of discretion, confidentiality, tact and a compassionate approach to
• an ability to balance sometimes competing needs of staff, students, and parents;
• strong desire to engage in DEI work;
• strong verbal and written communication skills;
• creativity and joy.
How to Apply
To initiate an application, please submit the following by email to Anne Schreiber, K-5 Coordinator:
1. Letter of interest
3. List of 3-5 professional references
4. Statement of Educational Philosophy, 500- 1000 words.
Submit to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment and access to services and programs.