Principal or Vice Principal Head of Schools
|Position: Head of Schools
Reports to: Board of DirectorsVision Statement:
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
The SkyView Academy Head of Schools provides professional leadership and is responsible, in conjunction with the SVA Head of Operations, for the overall efficient management of SkyView Academy, ensuring a high-quality education for all students in each of the schools. Additionally, the Head of Schools works with the school principals to ensure the implementation of a Core Knowledge, classical liberal arts curriculum that prepares a student for college while establishing a studious and decorous school culture, maintaining healthy enrollment, and ensuring financial integrity. Finally, the Head of Schools works to foster an understanding of a liberal arts education and the virtues of school choice among parents and the larger community.
● Advanced degree in Educational and/or Business Administration.
● Minimum three years successful administrative experience.
● Minimum five years successful teaching experience.
● Solid understanding of Core Knowledge, classical education, and college-prep curriculum.
● Dedication to liberal arts, character education, and service learning.
● Demonstrable record of successful leadership.
● Understands and demonstrates commitment to SkyView Academy’s vision and mission; ensures vision and mission is clearly articulated, understood, and acted upon effectively by all stakeholders to sustain school improvement.
● Models school values for administration, staff, students, parents and the Board.
● Communicates effectively with a variety of audiences using written and oral methods.
● Maintains frequent contact with the SkyView Academy staff, students and parents.
● Exercises a participatory management style with the SVA Head of Operations and administrative team, seeking and considering opinions of others in a timely fashion.
● Promotes and develops a professional relationship with the SkyView Academy Board, administration, and staff.
● Provides oversight, guidance, and development of principals to their highest potential, fostering climate of innovation and collaboration.
● Works with principals and Head of Operations to recruit and retain a high-quality staff.
● Oversees SVAs overall performance management policy and implementation, providing ongoing annual performance evaluations for principals and direct reports.
● Ensures principals complete staff evaluations and provide necessary professional development to ensure staff has the opportunity to thrive at SVA.
● Monitors overall staff satisfaction, working to identify areas of success and development, following up as necessary.
● Maintains a positive school culture for students, staff, and parents where all stakeholders feel informed and empowered to contribute to the overall success of SkyView Academy, following the leadership style of each principal.
● Ensures appropriate school administrators and staff have completed all mandatory trainings and follow all required procedures to ensure ethical administration of the annual state assessments and other standardized tests.
Educational Leadership Duties:
● Ensures curriculums are aligned across schools under direction of the principals, reflecting the five pillars of SkyView Academy.
● Collaborates with principals to oversee planning and evaluation of SVA programs and priorities.
● Collaborates with principals to oversee student progress, discipline, health and safety, appropriately safe premises and practices for all staff, students, and visitors.
● Provides perspective on educational issues with the Board.
● Establishes a plan for continuing improvement of instruction, school philosophy and school policies as needed.
● Assists Board in evaluating the school’s progress on established priorities.
● Works with principals to assess, monitor and evaluate the quality of planning, teaching and learning outcomes, promoting improvement strategies as necessary.
● Monitors student academic growth across schools, working with school principals if students do not demonstrate at least one year of academic growth.
● Ensures continuous focus on students’ achievement, effectively using data and benchmarks to monitor overall school progress.
Community Relations Duties:
● Ensures information is provided to community, media and interested parties about the school, it’s programs and progress towards goals.
● Serves as a liaison with DCSD on any administrative and educational matters, ensuring compliance to district/state requirements and timelines.
● Communicates relevant legislative changes.
● Seeks out grant opportunities.
● Fosters an understanding of the virtues of schools of choice among parents and the larger community.
● Works to build community partnerships that benefit SVA, working with the SkyView Foundation as appropriate.
● Reviews, approves, and monitors master budget with Head of Operations.
● Works with Head of Operations to approve and authorize, as needed,
○ building usage
○ budget items
○ building maintenance
○ school based activities and schedules
○ purchase and utilization of material resources, equipment, textbooks, and supplies
● Delineates all responsibilities and authority, establishing lines of communication and supervision.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
Mail documents to: 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130.
For more information, visit our website: skyviewacademy.org
SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
How to Apply
|Please submit cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail documents to: 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130. For more information, visit our website: skyviewacademy.org|
382 total views, 1 today