Operations / Administration Head Start Director
DEPARTMENT: Early Childhood
REPORTS TO: Head Start/EHS Director
SALARY: $73 -75k
Provide high-quality, culturally competent child development and program administrative services to Grand St. Settlement Early Childhood Programs. The Center Director manages teaching staff and comprehensive services for the successful operation of the program.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Position requires a current New York State N-6 certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have demonstrated achievement in supervision and management, family and community partnerships and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent decision-maker and problem solver
- Bilingual (English/Chinese and/or English/Spanish) preferred
- Clearance through DOI Fingerprint Screening, NYS Central Registry, Sex Offender Registry clearance, three (3) reference checks, physical examination with updated TB test, varicella, Tdap, MMR (fees may apply)
- Obtain Mandated Reporter training certificate (every two (2) years) and comply with agency’s policy and procedure regarding identification and reporting of child abuse and neglect
- Obtain First Aid/CPR and Preventive Infectious Diseases certificate within the first year of employment.
- Meet all employee health requirements in Article 47 (DOHMH) and Head Start Performance Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the HS/ EHS Director, the Center Director shall be responsible for:
- Planning: Oversee and approve the preparation of daily lesson plans, including individual plans for each child including goal setting based on identified needs. Coordinates coverage and scheduling for center’s staff; Verifies time cards and schedules staffs’ vacation time, sick leave and compensatory time to ensure program coverage and effective program operation.
- Program Implementation: Implement daily lesson plans in response to children’s needs and interests incorporating observations, anecdotal record keeping, knowledge of early childhood development and the Developmental Continuum
- ERSEA –Must maintain 97% of enrollment at all times under ERESA requirements.
- Family Partnerships: Assist teaching staff in developing a system offering parents opportunities for enhancing and increasing their child observation skills
- Communication and Service Coordination: Lead regular team meetings and participate in case conferences, as necessary, to ensure service coordination across GSS Early Childhood Services
- Record Keeping and Reporting: Maintain filing, tracking and documentation systems for the early childhood education service area and ensure confidentiality of child and family records
- Ongoing Monitoring and Self-Assessment: Ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards relating to the education service area. Participates in Annual Self-Assessment, Program Information Report (PIR), CACFP reporting, Community Assessment, Federal Reviews and Policy Council Meetings. Assist with monitoring of classroom environments regularly using formal and informal observation, implement researched and reliable tools (Environmental Rating Scales – ITERS/ ECERS and CLASS)
- Human Resources and Supervision: Provide ongoing verbal and written feedback consistent with their individual development plans for performance improvement, ensure adherence to Head Start performance standards, and to plan and direct work. Collaborate and manage coaching implementation and professional developments for all staff.
- Facilities: Ensures that facilities, materials, and equipment are safe, appropriate, and conducive to learning and reflective of the different ages and stage of development of each child, including children with disabilities in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards and DOHMH Article 47 regulations
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)
Please be advised that job offers can only be made once your clearances come through