Instructional Support High School Guidance Counselor
High School Guidance Counselor
Colorado High School Charter is seeking a Guidance Counselor at our GES (Globeville, Elyria, Swansea) Campus. In partnership with a number of community organizations, Colorado High School GES provides students with a unique and innovative learning environment that allows them to focus on project-based core content classes (Math, Science, Social Studies and English Language Arts) while taking advantage of numerous concurrent enrollment and community partner opportunities.
Colorado High School Charter Overview
Colorado High School Charter (CHSC) is a 9-12 public charter school in Denver whose mission is to transform the alternative education experience by igniting the potential within each of the diverse young people we serve. CHSC is one of the leading alternative education campuses in Denver, with student achievement data consistently showing notable growth. As an educator at CHSC, you will have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with your students while receiving regular coaching and professional development to allow you to deliver exceptional instruction for students who have not found success elsewhere. www.coloradohighschoolcharter.com
- Develop a guidance program based on the American School Counselors Association and best practices
- Create Master Schedule and quarterly schedules for students in Infinite Campus
- Connect students to concurrent enrollment opportunities through school-based partnerships and other community agencies that provide young people with post-secondary training and exposure.
- Create a College and Career Center that provides guidance on the college application process, FAFSA, and scholarships.
- Develop an Individual Career and Education Plan (ICAP) for every student – helping students create a graduation plan and post-secondary plan through advisory.
- Develop and lead Senior Seminar class – a class for 12th graders designed to help them develop a post-secondary plan and enroll in a post-secondary institution after graduating.
- Develop and support a GED program for students who choose this pathway for graduation.
- Track and support seniors in completing all graduation requirements, including consistent communication to students and parents regarding student progress towards graduation.
- Provide all students with credit and academic requirements updates.
- Develop a working knowledge of district systems to assist in master scheduling, gradebook, and transcript updates.
- Assist with tracking attendance and maintaining attendance records.
- Act as a liaison between the students, parents and administration.
- Act as a liaison with community partners who are leading elective classes regarding scheduling and communication of school events.
- Experience and a strong desire to work with young people who have struggled personally or academically in conventional school settings.
- Experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
- School Counselor Endorsement/license or be accredited by a national association to provide school counseling services preferred.
- Experience with Infinite Campus preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Exhibit cultural competence and work with a student centered lens.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly, facilitating positive relationships across a wide range of constituencies.
- Critical, strategic thinking and the capacity to manage multiple priorities.
- Permanent US work authorization.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience and include a comprehensive benefits package.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHSC proudly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Colorado High School Charter does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.
Colorado High School Charter is transforming the alternative education experience by igniting the potential within each of the diverse young people we serve. CHSC ensures students’ personal and academic growth by creating tailored curricula, a supportive school environment, and community partnerships. We empower our students to succeed in life and positively contribute to their families and communities by offering them the freedom and resources to pursue a post-secondary path aligned with their individualized goals.