Operations High School Placement Associate
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the High School Placement Associate you will ensure every BTNY middle school student is prepared to gain acceptance and financial aid into a college prep high school. The HSP Associate leads and supports the organizational roll out of all student-related preparation, application, and commitment activities for the HS application process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Vision and Strategy
- Create a vision and strategy for the growing high school placement program at BTNY, with the support of the Middle School Program Director. This will include setting goals, measures of success, and the operating plan to achieve high school placement goals.
- Identify, implement, and codify innovative strategies to ensure all our students gain entry to the most competitive, college preparatory high schools in the country with the adequate financial aid necessary.
- Develop and evaluate the BTNY high school placement curriculum for students and families.
- In conjunction with the Middle School Program Director, develop, implement, and inspire a shared vision and strategy for high school placement aligned with the organization’s mission and goals. Lead program-wide meetings, decisions, and the operating plan related to high school placement.
- Invest, inspire and engage stakeholders (students, parents, school partners, staff) to gain their trust, confidence, and commitment to high school placement.
- Proven ability to counsel students and families.
- Partner with the Middle School Program Director and senior leadership team to elevate organizational trends and proactively provide solutions to continuously improve high school placement.
- Maintain organizational operational expertise in the high school placement process – coordinating all high school placement activities, establishing policies, procedures, and training to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage Support the execution of all high school placement activities delivered by full-time and part-time staff.
- Manage BTNY brand and support relationships with HS admissions and financial aid officers.
- Lead evaluation processes to assess the strengths of high school placement and program, identify areas for improvement, and prioritize and implement programmatic improvements.
- Manage all vendors associated with high school placement, including test prep companies to ensure student results.
- Track the high school placement and tuition aid budget including monitoring monthly cash flow, anticipating variances, and elevating resource needs to the senior leadership team and Middle School Program Director.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to mitigate risks.
Qualifications, Proven Skills, and Mindsets
- Proven ability to articulate, inspire, and achieve a shared vision.
- Curiosity and critical thinking to synthesize information and ideas quickly, recognize opportunities that arise, and take action to seize opportunities.
- Ability to learn quickly and foster a growth mindset culture by modeling continuous learning and adaptability to change.
- Ethos of personal responsibility evident by consistent pattern of achieving ambitious goals on time with high standards.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including ability to adjust communication as socially and culturally appropriate.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across lines of difference, effectively resolve conflict, and gain the confidence of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Proven ability to use quantitative and qualitative methods to measure program effectiveness and leverage data to drive strategy.
- Ability to balance daily operations with an interest in strategic and long-term perspective.
- Sound discernment and judgment with the ability to move work forward independently.
Minimum Experience and Education
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably with at least 1 year in operations or supporting the high school application process
- Experience developing and applying tools and methods to evaluate program success
- Experience developing systems and processes to transition an organization from the start-up phase to sustainability
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Salesforce and comfort learning new systems
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
BTNY strongly believes in attracting, engaging, developing, and retaining the most diverse, qualified candidates. As a Breakthrough New York employee you will receive:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (100% employer-sponsored)
- 401K/Retirement Plan (with an employer-matching component)
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Health and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time-off including holiday, vacation, sick, and personal time
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Compensation Policy
How to ApplyTO APPLY Email email@example.com with HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT ASSOCIATE in the subject line and attach the following:
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter that includes your salary requirements.
- BTNY Questionnaire – Send answers to the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- What are you really good at professionally?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
245 total views, 1 today